Part 9

Rok soo woke up in the morning groggily. He was not able to sleep properly as he had felt that someone was staring at him the entire night.

He heard some loud shouts outside and went to inquire what was going on. The kittens too that were lying together beside him seemed to wake up.

He went outside to see Cale who also seemed to want to know what was going on. Once they reached outside they immediately understood what the commotion was about as there was a huge carcass of an animal with some symbols.

Some of the guards who were with them seemed terrified as they thought it might be an intruder. Seeing those symbols Rok soo felt a horrible conclusion forming in his mind. 'What if??? NO WAY. It cant happen right? It is a dragon after all. It has its pride. Maybe it's just repaying us. Ah, that might be it!!' he convinced himself nodding at his own theory.

Cale who seemed to guess what was going on in Rok soo's mind started snickering while the kittens said that they would soon get a younger sibling.

While Hong was happy that he was not going to be the youngest.

Rok soo just decided to ignore it.

He decided to plan what to do next, now that they had saved the dragon there would be more time to reach the capital and for the incident to happen. 'We must also try to save the Blue Wolf Tribe. If so the protagonist shall owe us a debt and in case of some kind of misunderstanding or an attack they could save themselves with that debt as Choi Han's friends and allies are really strong' he decided. It was just a precaution but still who knew what would happen. It's always best to be cautious he decided.

 'Also I have to get the vitality of the heart and the other ancient powers too as the one I have now is only for defense. In case of any attack I need some offensive power other than the dagger as it only allows close combat.' he thought.

Meanwhile seeing the human eyeing the meat warily the little dragon wondered whether the human didn't like it. But one of them the red-haired one burst out laughing seeing this the dragon felt relieved. At least one of them liked it. But he wanted the other human to smile brightly too.

Calling Cale he explained what they were going to do. It would be nice to get Cale's help but if he was unwilling Rok soo didn't plan to force him. 'Haaa...' looks like I'm getting concerned for the punk after spending some time with him.' Rok soo was someone who tried to stay away from other people but somehow he felt himself caring for the three with him. 

His plan at first was to use Cale for getting some money but seeing how the youngster fared had made him want Cale to feel comfortable with him. Not to mention the kittens. He thought about how Cale Henituse was a character that is only shown to bring out the kind sides of Choi han. But wasn't Cale human too?

'Haaa any way including one or more person into his slacker life was not totally gonna ruin it right?' he decided.

 At first, Cale was reluctant. "We are gonna help the punk Choi Han?" he asked. "Yes something like making him own something to us." replied Rok soo. When Cale heard about the part about making Choi Han own a debt to them his reluctance immediately disappeared.

"Alright let's do it," he said nodding.

"Oh and by the way will we be wearing the same costume?" asked Cale remembering the improperly stitched outfit with a star. He remembered how the people who had seen the outfits seemed to have a look of confusion and disbelief.

'Hell no,' Rok soo thought. 'If we show up wearing that anywhere near Choi Han we are gonna get brutally killed!! no way'.

"No we have another costume for that," said Rok soo taking out a black outfit this time neatly stitched with a symbol of a moon. It seemed to be glowing slightly.

'Since I don't want to expose who we are this is the way best especially if we look like good people who came to help. It definitely would be a foolish act to put on arm's outfit as Choi han despised them and had sworn to kill any of them at sight.'

They decided to proceed with the plan once they reached Puzzle city. Rok soo would first get the ancient power and then they would go help Choi han to protect the wolves from being slaughtered. He remembered how the previous owner of the ancient power felt that the power was a curse.

Once they reached Puzzle city they went to visit the rock towers with Hans. Upon reaching the place Rok soo noticed two figures. They were Taylor the eldest son of the Marquis family and Cage the priestess.

Cale too had noticed them and when Hans asked him what they were going to do Cale replied that they shall ignore them.

He remembered how Taylor got the ancient power but was not able to cure his legs and had despaired and eventually died. It was initially supposed to be found by Taylor but it would only bring him harm so he was kind of doing him a favor right? 

Once they reached the inn which they were staying Rok soo said that he was going out. Once Rok soo reached the place only did he notice the problem. The entrance was small. He would probably have to crawl through to get in and for the worst part, he was wearing a white shirt similar to that of the knights who were sent to guard Cale. He regretted not wearing his black usual outfit. He soon obtained the ancient power and got out to see Cale and the others waiting for him.

Once he reached them  Cale said, "Like you told I have told them that we are going on an outing of the city and may only return late at night. " Rok soo nodded.

Noticing the strange gazes of the others on him Rok soo looked at them enquiringly. "Did you roll in the mud hyung?" asked Cale.

"Haaa.. something like that" he replied. He had forgotten it but now remembered how he had to crawl through to get the ancient power.

He decided to not change as they soon would be wearing the outfits and would go to aid Choi han.

"Alright, then we have to go to that place soon. We might as well start now as it takes a lot of time." Rok soo said.

Suddenly a voice was heard "You humans are strong but not strong enough to defend against another dragon so this great and mighty me shall protect you!!" said that voice. Both Rok soo, Cale and the kittens were startled.

"So you came youngest, nya" shouted Hong.

'Who in the right and would ever go against a dragon' thought Rok soo. While Cale just blankly stared at the dragon.

'But that is not the problem why is the dragon here wasn't it supposed to go on its way. Doesn't it hate humans?' Rok soo thought.

"Why are you here?" hearing this question the dragon immediately turned invisible.

 "Nya, We can see your footprints youngest," said On.

Immediately the dragon reappeared. It seemed flustered. "Make no mistake I'm not here because I am worried about you. You all look like you need some help that is why. Hmph" said the little dragon.

Since the dragon wanted to help them things would definitely be easier as it could directly teleport them to the village of the wolves. So they had a bit more time to prepare Cale and Rok soo spread poison on their weapons while the kittens too readied themselves for the upcoming fight excitedly.

Meanwhile, Choi Han after beating up the damned noble who mocked the people in the village and seemed happy that they died, had met with a mage Rosalyn and a werewolf called Lock. The butler and cook who had served in the mansion too had came with him, the count had not restrained them from coming with him.

It seemed that the father and son duo were surprised and impressed by his power and had chosen to come with him as they also needed something from him. In his opinion, it was indeed a good choice. He wondered how they had served that damn bastard for so many years. If it was him he would have beaten the crap out of the noble and would have left immediately.

Though the father of the bastard seemed to be a decent person. He had compensated Choi han with some money though it was a lot in his opinion because of which he was able to have some decent meals. He had also apologized for his son's behavior.