Part 15

"I wondered where those kind people who helped us are," said Choi han remembering the people who had previously assisted them to which Ron, Lock and Rosalyn too nodded.

Alberu who was busy drinking some coffee while discussing matters with them became curious upon hearing this and asked, "Who was it? What were their names?"

At this everyone had a weird look on their faces. Seeing this Alberu looked at everyone confused, "What is it?"

"Ah it's nothing your highness their names were if I remember correctly Bob and Bob the second," said Choi han awkwardly.

Hearing this Alberu started choking on his coffee. After he calmed down he said, "And you believed it?"

"Yes, besides they disappeared too fast for us to ask more about them. I think one of them might be a very powerful mage" said Rosalyn remembering the power she had felt before.

"I see we have to get them on our side," said Alberu thinking about how well he would be able to use these people deciding to ignore their names.

Meanwhile, Rok soo who had discovered the dominating aura and a strange crown  felt a chill.

'Hmmm is someone talking shit about me' he wondered shuddering.

As he had agreed, he had met up with the whales Paseton and his sister Witira along with Cale and the children and they had proceeded to the forest of darkness occasionally fighting off the monsters and had indeed found the source of the mermaids strength.

He had then asked the others to move back and with the help of Raon had blown up the swamp with a few mana bombs.

They had then discovered  the remains of a dead dragon and Rok soo had also felt a source of power prompting him to look into it and thus he had obtained the strange power.

The crown too seemed to be of an unknown origin, both were not mentioned in the novel thought Rok soo or it might have been mentioned, he might not have known it as he had only read unto a certain part of it.

Deciding to keep it with him Rok soo asked Raon to put it inside the little dragon's spatial pouch on which the dragon had happily compiled while the kittens were excited by the poison they had found in the swamp.

Cale watched the proceedings curiously, making sure to keep watch of the any monsters. He was also trying to avoid the curious gazes of the whale tribe people who had been introduced by Rok soo.

He had long since acted as trash and did not find it pleasant to talk to the others much. Rok soo and the kids would definitely be an exception though.

He knew he would easily be able to do so yet he hesitated.

So when he heard one of them speak to him, he flinched.

"Excuse me umm Mr. Cale?" asked the female who had introduced herself as Witira.

"Yes?" he said trying to make his tone sound friendly.

He must have succeeded because immediately the other questioned him.

"If you are not burdened could we ask what is your relationship with Mr. Kian Rock Soo?"

Hearing this Cale felt like laughing, hearing how they had mispronounced Rok soo's name.

"Mn his name's Kim rok soo and we are travelling together" he lied casually not wanting to elaborate further.

Witira frowned slightly upon hearing this. Maybe she had misunderstood. Well she would have time to see how it was, as she was sure they would meet sometime soon in the future. She smiled and nodded at the other, grateful for the reply.

Seeing the nod as if thanking him, Cale smiled slightly. It didn't seem to bad to interact with others. But as the whale's half brother started chatting away Cale slightly felt himself regretting the thought.

Meanwhile far away at the palace Alberu who was thinking about how well he could use the people mentioned by Choi han suddenly remembered the two annoying bastards that he had made a deal with. Though to tell the truth the information provided was indeed more than useful.

His Aunt Tasha was also surprised at the amount of information. But he had no means to contact them and somehow couldn't get rid of the feeling that they were using him.

He couldn't help but suppress his anger when he learned about the amount of money that was taken out.

He felt his mood begin to sour and got up.

"Alright then I shall be excusing myself as I have a lot of things to do," said Alberu to Choi han and the others.

At this, the others nodded as they too were pursuing the enemies as well as looking for allies.

Meanwhile, Rok soo and the others had been travelling around when they chanced upon a souvenir shop and had come upon many small shields. Rok soo had a very bad feeling when he saw it.

They came to know that ever since the plaza incident the people as they didn't know the identity of the mysterious person who saved them all started calling him 'silver shield'.

At this, the children exclaimed that they each wanted one of them while Cale was trying to suppress his laughter. 

Seeing this Rok soo felt a headache coming.

They went inside the shop on the children's insistence. The shopkeeper brightened on seeing people in his shop and when he heard that they wanted to buy the miniature shields his face brightened immediately.

"Oho is that so? You all indeed do have great taste. It is a symbol of the noble hero who protected everyone during an attack. If it wasn't for the hero many people would have died" he said.

Then leaning closer the shopkeeper asked, "So do you want to know another fact about the hero?"

Hearing this Cale, On, Hong and the invisible Raon leaned forward curiously.

" Some of them say that he might be an ancient hero that has came to help humans. Can you believe it?"

At this, the curiosity drained from their faces and they all started snickering while Rok soo froze with a blank look on his face. He couldn't comprehend what was going on. He wondered how crazy people could be and decided to never reveal his identity no matter what or it would be a threat to his slacker life.

Cale on seeing the look on Rok soo's face felt like laughing. Rok soo looked so shocked and it was the first time Cale had seen him so. He took Rok soo's hand and gave a gentle squeeze at which Rok soo looked at him as if he decided something.

They soon bought the kids what they wanted and went to the inn. On reaching the inn Cale burst out laughing.

"Silver shield" "Pfffttt-" 

 He found the name that the citizens gave to Rok soo really funny while Rok soo seemed really pissed.

"Haa how annoying," said Rok soo.

Rok soo had found this name really annoying and whenever he saw someone with a shield he wanted to dig a hole and bury himself at least they didn't know his identity which was fortunate.

But seeing Cale laughing like this his frustration lessened a little but not completely. He ruffled Cale's hair as he thought about what to do next as they had quite some time before Cale had to go with his father to the banquet.

Rok soo decided to find the fire ancient power. He had indeed got another power, the dominating aura but it couldn't be used for fighting so he discussed this to the kids and Cale who agreed to it.