=17=

Tree branches pulled on my fur and clothes as I sprinted through the forest, rain pouring hard against me. My lungs felt like they were being ripped from my chest but I couldn't stop running. I won't stop running.

All I could hear was my heavy breathing and the distant footsteps of the animal chasing me. I knew if I stopped to see where it was, I would die. Where am I? Why am I being chased by another carnivore? Why was it chasing me with such blood lust? All these questions and yet I couldn't answer any.

It felt as if the branches were trying to slow me down just so my attacker could catch up and kill me. I can't die yet. Legoshi. I need to see Legoshi. Tears started streaming out of my eyes as reality hit me. Legoshi is gone. I am going to die. I will die and no one will ever know. Is this how this is really going to end?

These thoughts kept running through my mind as the ground below me got muddy with the rain, leading me to my downfall. My legs gave out as exhaustion took over me. I must of been running for hours. I tried to get up, pushing my now dirty arms under me. The sound of the rain seemed to get louder; that sound of footsteps that followed me for hours were drowned out with the rain.

I looked around into the dark trees, trying to see if I can recognize where I was but to no luck. It was so dark that I could barely see the big, dark figure staring at me from in front of me. My body felt cold as my attackers piercing red eyes stabbed through my soul. It felt as if I was being choked but no one was touching me. The figure stepped closer to me; I wanted to move away but it was as if I was chained down with fear.

My attacker got closer and closer, eventually climbing on top of me. My body couldn't move as the animal pinned me to the ground, saliva dripping onto my face.

"P-please. Don't," I whimpered as the animal's jaws slowly opened, showing the rows of sharp teeth and saliva. My eyes widened as it's teeth moved to my head without hesitation.

"Come on, you're gonna be late for class!" I jolted up as sweat covered me, Kara sitting on the edge of my bed with a concerned look on her face. "Have a bad dream?"

"You can say that," I mumble as I start to pull my shirt up to wipe the sweat off of my face. I was stopped by a small hand pulling my shirt back down. Kara already had a small towel (where in the world did she get that??) and she started patting my head gently with it.

"Do you want to talk about it? Whenever I have a bad dream I always feel better after I talk about it," Kara smiled sweetly, wiping most of the sweat off of my face. "Hey Bella! Toss me the water bottle on my bed please."

How can I possibly tell her that another carnivore tried to devour me? Especially since Tem's death was only 6 months ago?

"Kara," I mumble. Bella threw a water bottle to the panther and she handed it to me.

"Drink," she said, holding the now open bottle in front of me. I grab it with shaking hands and take a sip. It felt like I haven't drank water in years; I couldn't resist chugging the contents in the bottle seconds after it was given to me. "Now, let's hear about that dream of yours."

I debated telling her, it was definitely not normal for a carnivore to do that. But what if it was a warning? I heard about people having nightmares and it actually coming true. "Do you think a carnivore would devour another carnivore?" I asked, glancing at the cat. She looked confused.

"Of course not, was that what you're dream was about?"

"Well, yeah. I was being chased and I fell and before I knew it I was being devoured by another carnivore," I said, staring at my hands. Kara stayed silent for a moment before grabbing my hands with hers.