=3=

"Please, enjoy your food!"

I nodded to the lunch lady who handed me a plate of food. She was awfully cheerful for someone who doesn't get paid enough. I started making my way to a small table in the back, excited to finally get some food in my stomach. I set the tray down on the table and moved my book next to it. I guess I forgot to put my book away when I was at the dorm, but it's fine. I pulled out the chair and sat down, opening my book to where I left off. I started reading, taking a couple bites of my food here and then.

"You must really like that book, huh?" A voice said from in front of me. I look up to see the grey wolf from earlier. "O-oh I'm sorry! I just saw you over here and I thought I should come over and say hi. Um I'll leave if you want to continue reading."

I laugh, setting down my book. "Oh, no. You're fine, you can sit if you want. Besides, I've read this book tons of times."

Legoshi nodded and sat down, setting down his tray of food. "So, if you've read that book a lot, why do you keep reading it?"

"Oh, um, it was actually my mom's favorite book," I laugh quietly.

"Was?" Legoshi asked. I didn't say anything, and Legoshi's eyes widened.

"Crap, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't of said anything!" He panicked.

I stared at the table in front of me. 'Sorry.' I've heard that word come out of so many mouths when my mom is mentioned. She was killed when I was 5. She went on a mission with some members of Chi Ōkami and she didn't make it back alive. I didn't have tons of memories about her, but I do remember that she always read me that book when I was sad. She was such a book worm, my dad tells me stories about her all the time.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. It happened a long time ago," I say, taking a bite of my food.

Silence fell between us as we both ate our food. I saw Legoshi glance at me a couple times, but I ignored it.

"So, are you joining any clubs?" Legoshi randomly asked.

"I was actually forced into joining the Drama Club," I said looking up at him.

"Really? I'm actually in the Drama Club, I'm part of the stage crew," Legoshi said, a bit of excitement in his voice.

"Oh? The headmaster actually put me into the stage crew! It's nice to know someone who is also in it!" I say. "Now that I think about it, can we walk to the club room tomorrow together? I'm still figuring out where everything is here."

"Oh yeah. What class are you in?" Legoshi asked.

"2-C, what about you?"

"I'm in that class, too," he said. (I looked up what class Legoshi is in since I've only seen the anime and I haven't read the manga, so I just put a random class. This won't affect the rest of the story).

"Huh, looks like we're going to be around each other a lot!" I laugh. Legoshi quietly chuckled and continued eating.

"So was your mother also a winter wolf?"

"Yea. She was so beautiful, too! Hold on, I have a picture of her," I say, pulling out my wallet. I opened it and pulled out the one picture I have of her that I stored into my wallet. I handed Legoshi the picture and he looked at it.

"She is beautiful," he says, looking at the picture. "You look just like her."

"Are you calling me beautiful?" I tease. A blush formed on his face.

"I-I didn't say that! Wait, no that came out wrong. I'm not saying you're not beautiful, you're very beautiful!" He stammered. I laughed, reaching over to him and rubbing the top of his head.