Chapter V

"please be careful my queen"

"You do know who I am right? We'll be fine"

She chuckled at lychts worry as he stood with Lillian and Ophelia at the gates of the castle, her and sukuna standing a little further away.

"We'll be back in...give or take a few days. When we come back I want to see everything the same. Now then, sukuna, let's be on our way"

He nodded and adjusted the bag on his shoulder, following after her as she walked, leading them into the forest.

"Where are we going anyway?"

"To a village"

"How long does it take to get there?"

"A day and a bit"

"Can we-"

"Sukuna. Stop with the questions"

"Whatever.....bitch...."

He whispered under his breath but to his dismay she heard and laughed, looking over her shoulder at him

"Where'd you learn that language brat?"

"That's what the two same girls call eachother when they look mad"

"Huh- no wonder"

They continued on in silence for a few hours as sukuna grew tired, his legs starting to ache, struggling to even carry his bag. Seeing this y/n stopped and dropped her back on the ground making him look up at her.

"We'll stop here for now, relax for a while"

He nodded and without a thought dropped his bag and fell back on the ground with a loud breath of relief as she threw some wood in a pile and snapped her fingers, warmth spreading around them as the fire crackled in their ears.

"Hey you-..."

"Just say y/n"

"Right...hey y/n, how did you become a curse? Like... why are you the way you are?..."

"It's a long story"

"We have time"

She sighed and looked over at him, resting her arms on her knees and then her chin on her arms.

"Why are you so curious all of a sudden?"

"I just want to know"

She narrowed her eyes before sighing again and looking at the fire, raising her hand, the fire raising and forming 4 people, a man, a woman, and 2 little girls as he stared in awe

"I wasn't always a curse, I didn't even know what a curse was until a few years ago. When I was a child I had a sister, she was a bit older than me, but I loved her dearly, when mother and father were working we would run around the village, enjoying our lives with smiles"

The fire turned into the shape of a castle as a young king formed, holding a little girl

"However, one day the prince came to the village, for whatever reason unknown to me, and he saw my sister, my sister was beautiful, truly, many men wanted her hand but she never agreed, saying she would never marry until she found her true love, and when he asked she had replied the same. In a flush of anger he had ordered his guards to grab her and me, dragging us back to the castle and throwing us in a chamber. She held me and whispered that it would be okay. He had come back the next day and asked once again, but her and her stupid fantasies of true love said no. She said she would never love him and would only allow him to use her once with the deal that he would let me go and he agreed. I don't remember much after that, all I knew is that I ended up at home, with a soldier at my door, reporting that my sister had died from an accident. But I knew what really happened. I became distant from everyone, staying in the library, reading books day on day, I had found a strange book though, with information on curses and rituals, and me being curious, I tried one. That's how I became a curse, from there on, im sure everyone knows what happened."

She kept a blank face before widening her eyes as she felt small arms around her, looking down she saw a fluff of pink hair.

"Are you happy now?... That you killed him?..."

"No. I haven't been happy since that day."

He kept silent as he stared at the fire with her. He vowed to kill her but...maybe..just maybe..

His plans had changed.