Chapter XX

It was quiet. Too quiet for being in the company of Itadori and Kugisaki. Fushiguro is just quiet in general. Nothing but the engine of the car driving them back was heard. The three still were in slight shock? Maybe confusion? Maybe awe? Whatever it was, it wasn't exactly positive. The woman of their thoughts was especially silent. Not a word from her since they left the building. A blank face. Empty eyes. Emotions. N∅ñ3.

They definitely noticed though made no effort to point it out.They continued in
$|łėñ¢e

{<<|>>}

"Uhhhhh why is it so quiet?-"

Gojo stood Infront of his lovely with a confused expression, he wasn't really used to the bunch of them sitting in the cafeteria in silence, especially when itadoris food is unscathed in his presence.

"Did something happen on the mission? Are one of you hurt? Did y/-"

"Why would I harm them?"

All of their heads shot into the direction of the feminine voice to see the said woman standing there with her arms crossed, a loose fitting attire dressing her body, most likely for comfort and nothing more.

"Well-"

"Because I'm still a curse I know. Though I have no reason to harm them"

She walked in, the small noise of her slippers on the floor as she made her way to the table, placing some food on her plate.

"Not yet atleast."

They eyed her figure as she picked up a butter knife. A seemingly harmless utensil. In her hands a deadly weapon.

She turned around and sat down beside fushiguro making him tense a little while Gojo stayed standing at the head of the table a little longer before sitting down beside kugisaki.

Maybe it was her untrustworthy reassurance or the figure of Gojo close by knowing he would be able to stop anything that seemed to go wrong, but they felt a tad bit at ease, comfortable enough to follow the lead of the h/c haired woman who started eating.

The sound of clinking utensils and chopsticks was interrupted by Gojo who stole a bite of tamoyaki from fushiguros plate making his eyebrow twitch in annoyance from his arrogant teacher.

"So you regained a piece of your soul on your mission?"

She simply nodded as Kugisaki looked at her surprised.

"Is that what that floating orb was? A part of your soul?"

"It was."

Gojo hummed in acknowledgment while fushiguro spoke this time.

"It was a grade 2 curse though. Strong but not a big difference. I thought your soul would be like sukunas finger? Anything that takes it is like a special grade instantly."

Y/n shook her head as the two looked at her curiously.

"Me and sukuna are on different sides of a curse spectrum. His cursed objects are his fingers yes? Eating them give a curse power. However. Mine is my soul. A soul cannot simply be eaten. It must be absorbed. And that would take quite a while to completely do. If that curse would have not been excorcised and my soul not removed. By the end of the month, it would have been far more difficult."

They made a small sound of understanding and didn't dwell too much on the subject after they got their answer.

Itadori who had been strangely quiet the whole time then spoke up. A shadow casted over his eyes.

"So you're going to kill us eventually? Why."

The table became quiet once again. Itadori now looking straight at her blank face. She lowered her chopsticks from her mouth and closed her eyes, opening them a few moments later, staring into his eyes with an unreadable glint.

"Because I want to Yuji."