Chapter XXII

Megumi stared with horror filled eyes as the streets he ran down were splattered with blood. The pavement, the road, the houses and all, coated in blood. Corpses thrown around without care. He skidded to a stop as his eyes widened, tears glazing over his orbs. Glowing e/c eyes stared into his own along. As he was about to move towards her, his body was propelled foward with a simple punch causing his body to slam into a wall, the bricks crumbling with the impact making him cough out some blood and spit. He looked up weakly, sweat dripping down his neck and forehead as flames started to engulf everything. Itadori's body looked back at him but it was Sukunas eyes who made contact with his. The woman beside him walked with her heels splattered with blood from the puddles of it on the ground towards megumi and stared down at him. He looked up at her with tears welled up in his eyes from pain. Betrayal. But didn't allow them to fall. He couldn't speak. His throat was closed up. All he could do is watch as she raised her hand, a black mist surrounding it before disappearing to reveal a glimmering dagger, engraved with names he could only catch a glimpse of.

Gojo.

His body, bloody and bruised. His blindfold long gone. Ripped to shreds. Revealing his once bright blue eyes. Dull. No longer full of life. And bleeding from his tear ducts...

Kugisaki.

Her body up off the ground, being held up by the nails impaling her all over. Her hands. Her feet. Her neck. Her arms. Her thighs. Her heart. Her stomach. Blood gushing from each hole adorned by a nail making a puddle of blood below her...

Itadori.

Chained and bleeding, unable to move. Floating in a black abyss. Beyond space and time. Where no one would ever see him again. Eternally bound to torture. Eternally bound to hear the last screams from those he loved...

And now megumi. The last name that engraved that dagger. He shakily raised his head once again and stared into her e/c orbs that showed no ounce of care. No ounce of warmth as Sukuna walked up behind her, placing a hand on her waist with a smirk as he watched.

"Wake up."

SLICE

SPLATTER

Megumi shot up from his bed, his breathing heavy and shaky, sweat dripping down his face as he placed a hand where his heart was, gripping the fabric of his shirt while panting before taking a few minutes to calm down and look at the clock above the door.

'3:46am'

He sighed and stood up, walking out of his room and to the bathroom, splashing his face with water and wiping all the sweat of, drying himself with a towel.

"Nightmare?"

He instantly jumped back, dropping the towel in shock and looking up with wide eyes, seeing the face of the woman he dreamed off along with the grinning faces of Kugisaki and itadori on either side of her. He gulped and blinked before nodding.

"Huh?..yeah yeah, it was nothing though..just stress.."

She nodded in understanding and patted his shoulder before picking up his towel.

"What are you all doing up anyway?..."

Kugisaki and itadoris grins widened as the placed their hands together and raised them.

"SLEEPOVER WITH Y/N-SENSEI!"

He blinked before facepalming with a sigh, surprised at how energetic they are in the middle of the night. He watched as they hopped around before feeling a presence beside him and shivering a little, still unerved by his dream.

"They just showed up to my room and invited themselves in. I was bored so I just let them do whatever. I'll make you some tea. It will help calm your nerves from that nightmare."

He nodded and followed behind her along with the other two that did so and stared at her back as she walked down the hall to her room, still holding his towel.

He has a reason to be scared...

But he also has a reason to trust her somehow...