Chapter XXXIII

As itadori and megumi slept, Y/n sat wide away, sitting with crossed legs and her back against the wall. Though everything may seem to be relatively calm and peaceful for a killing game in the evening when people are most vulnerable, she didn't seem to be focused on those thoughts, she was more focused on...

The blurred shadowy figures that surrounded her. Listening to their whispers.

"Don't forget now~"
"We made you."
"You are incomplete. WE are incomplete. Complete us our Queen."
"Only one more part left~"
"You feel it right? Your soul. It's near."
"Go find it."
"Leave them here."
"Abbandon them."
"Torture them."
"Make them suFfeR."
"ThEyre HolDing You bAcK."

"Kill them."

She growled silently and waved her hand at the shadows, making the disappear like dust in the wind, all that was left was the sound of their faint giggles.

She turned her focus to the two boys sleeping, so calm, so vulnerable.

Tick tock...

Tick tock...

Tick tock...

She averted her eyes to the broken yet still functioning clock on her right.

"8:36am. We need to get moving."

She stood up, her heels clicking against the cement floor of the building as she walked over to them, crouching down and placing a hand on each of their head,  ignoring the urge to simply rip their heads off right there and then. Her arms tightening before she relaxed and gently patted their head.

"Itadori. Megumi. It is time to wake up. We must not stay in the same spot for too long or someone will find us."

The two groggily sat up at her voice and touch, itadori scratching his head while megumi let out a yawn before standing up and nodding.

"Yeah. Let's get going."

{<<<|>>>}

S

trangely enough, as they made their way through the remains of the city, it was quiet...too quiet...though that didnt seem to affect y/n who walked ahead of the two, head held low. The two teens who walked a little behind her looked at eachother before itadori spoke.

"Y/n sensei? Are you alright?"

"..."

"Y/n sensei?..."

As the two went to move forward, two large hand grabbed them making them yell in surprise with widened eyes. Itadori instantly tried to fight back but soon came to realise...he couldn't...and nor could fushiguro...

They both yelled to y/n who had stopped and stayed still. Her head still low.

"Y/n-sensei! Don't just stand there!"

They breathed heavily as the hands only tightened around them. Fushiguro tried summoning his shikigami but...

He couldn't.

His eyes widened as he slowly looked to the woman whos shoulders shook slightly...he thought she was crying till he heard a laugh making his heart stop. He knew he felt something off.

"You...when you...woke us up...you..."

She turned around, a large smile on her face, a shadow covering her upper face, but insane eyes shining through, glinting in delight as she let out a chuckle.

"Take your cursed energy?"

She walked straight up to them as they were shocked into stillness, limp in the hand that held them, looking up at them and licking her lips.

"Yes."