19

𝚆𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜

"I'm so confused," Pooter scrunched his face up

"Me too!" I grumbled my face planted on the table.

"But you the one who live there." Moni complained.

"That don't mean I know what this mean," I looked over the papers and at my computer.

"Shh." A random person said.

"Boy we'll beat yo ass." Pooter glared at him and I kicked him under the table to stop being mean.

"What? He started it!" He looked back at me.

I rolled my eyes and looked over the papers for what felt like the thousandth time, throwing it to the side and picking the strange book back up and flipping through the pages along with a book on artifacts I found. I noticed a picture of some sort of box was present with a passage in the article.

"Guys I think I found something," I closed my computer and went to buy the book, so we could finally get out of here especially before the two loose they mind.

"What you find?"

"I'll say when we meet back up with everyone, To go through everything but I think something or someone is in danger." I said pulling off then heading to Azariyah's house.

I know those there, we're in the middle of contacting a Lwa for assistance on some other things they're doing. We finally got there and nearly jumped out the car hoping to solve this mystery. I used my key to get inside.

"Woah you have a key?" Pooter eyed me.

"I stole it since he be making me stay over here sometimes." I half lied as we went in.

"Hey guys- woah." I squinted slightly at the beam of light floating in the living room.

"Shh." Moni said and motioned for us to go upstairs while they handled their business. I lead the way and we went into the guest room to wait for their ritual to be over.

"So in those apartments is some sort of box that holds something important to the spirit realm." I went ahead and explained the basis of everything.

"Well then that means this could have something to do with Papa Legba considering he's the communicator."

"That just made this ten times more serious, Why choose me to solve the mystery when he has all of you? Especially Riyah?"

"I don't know, you'd have to talk to him about that." Moni said rubbing my back seeing the worry flush over my face. "It could mean you're a pawn in this particular event."

"I'll be back, you guys can look over the notes I made." I replied getting to quietly go over to Riyah's room. We smoked in here last night, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I just took a breather.