31

𝚆𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜

"Sev? Sevyen? Sev wake up!" I heard a oddly familiar voice that I hadn't heard in awhile

"Sev? Sevyen? Sev wake up!" I heard a oddly familiar voice that I hadn't heard in awhile. I stirred in my sleep groaning.

"Leave me alone, I'm just tryna sleep." I grumbled pulling the covers up over me.

"Princess wake yo ass up!" I heard again and jumped up out my sleep because only one person has ever called me that.

"Nyne?" I questioned when I blinked and saw him standing by my bed. "Nyne!" I got excited when I realized it was really him.

"Aht get out my face wit dat morning breath."

"Bro you're dead?" I squinted.

"Don't mean it ain't stank, go!" He told me and I went to handle my morning routine.

Should've never woke my ass up like that in the first place knowing I was gone be excited. He's so dumb.

"And you're stupid!" He said stepping in the door frame.

"Stop listening to my thoughts."

"Stop being mean then." He scrunched his face up.

"Whatever I called you like two weeks ago man!"

"I had some shit to deal wit, but anyway let's talk. I'm sure you still struggling wit this voodoo shit so let's tie up some loose ends." He said sitting in a chair and stretching out.

"Yes please because no one wants to give me answers."

"It's not that no one wants to give you answers, it's the fact that what they do know is in pieces. You're confused and they don't wanna confuse you more." I nodded listening to his words making sure I didn't misinterpret anything.

"So we gone start from our beginning, like our lineage and shit. So obviously our line doesn't start with our great, great, great grandmother however that's when Voodoo really came into play. Before there had been light practices of voodoo, but Granny Selena went deeper, she started doing rituals, voodoo dolls, curses and hexes, and so much more." He began and I listened intently.

"The spirits and Gods more specifically Legba and Baron took notice to the way she handled the power. She was. . . . sweet for lack of better words. She wouldn't hurt a fly yet she had the ability to kill off every fly and she didn't. They made her a Queen and thus was started. All was well for two more generations until our grandma tainted the trust between the Ravix' bloodline and the lwas."

"I know granny wasn't a nice person so what did she do?"

"She wasn't a good one either, she wanted all the power. She had been told the stories of her ancestors and she didn't want to fall into comparison, she wanted to be better than that. So she got greedy and greedier and even greedier it could go for miles. She would summon creatures do dirty work, making deals as if she were the devil. She had mom and our aunts and uncles and taught them to be the same way our momma being the oldest was the only one to go against it so she was kicked out and that same night papa Legba paid her a visit. To make her a deal."

"The deal was if she could find love in another voodooist with power, he would grant her the ability to make one of two choices. Strip the bloodline of all voodoo and any power or gain power for herself to not only defeat her family, but to restore order. She managed to meet dad and chose the first option therefore our abilities had been lost and casted away. The others were rendered powerless and had to suffer for what they did."

"So why did we end up with ours?" I took a deep breath taking in all the information.

"They saw us worthy. . ." He trailed off and I knew that wasn't all.

"All this didn't happen for no reason, you were destined to meet Azariyah and he was always meant to push you to finding who you truly are. He was preparing you because you're in danger Sevyen. Grandma has found away to possess the human body and she along with her kids are coming for you because they want your power. To them it should only be them."

"And your bitch ass died so I gotta do this on my own? Are you serious?" I got up to punch him and surprisingly it connected so I kept going. I'm over here play fighting a ghost, my step brother at that. That's wild.

"Ight chill out bug," He laughed throwing me on the bed and sitting back down.

"You gotta figure out how to end this once and for all Bug. It's gotta end with you. If you let them win it won't be just the world in danger. Now I gotta go but I'm always listening if you need me."

"But where do I start?"

"Just take a leap of faith. You got this sis, I'll see you." He kissed my forehead and then disappeared.

And in that moment all I did was want to scream and so? I did! Nobody was home anyway.

I didn't know what to do, but then I remembered that metaphysical shop I went to and immediately got up to go there.

It took about 30 minutes to get there and that was with me speeding through the traffic. I pulled in the parking lot where it was only to be surprised that it was nothing. I parked and sighed leaning my head back.

"Why I had to get stuck in this lineage." I got out my car to see if there was a door somewhere because maybe I was tripping. I check literally everywhere even the roof and there was nothing it was just a building yet no windows or doors.

I groaned in frustration and kicked the wall while walking back to my car only to be stuck because it felt like something was sucking me back in and I tried everything to stop because the way it was looking is that I would be slamming into a brick wall or building.

I couldn't help but scream as the wind picked up and I prepared myself for either hella injuries or death, but instead I went through the wall and popped out on the other side.

It was intense and I rolled until I stopped only to look around and noticed this place resembled the shop I was in.

"Welcome back Sevyen." I heard as I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Hey. . . Doors hard to come by these days?" I wondered looking at Miana whom chuckled.

"No child, you heard about your lineage this morning you know they're trying to create a spiritual war. I'm have protected myself from them. I thought you were one of them because well even though you're more mature unfortunately you share their blood."

"Yeah unfortunately, you can say that again." I scoffed.

"So my main worry is protecting those I love so where would I start?"

"You start with what's inside."

"And that means?" I trailed off.

"You don't need extra assistance and only that. You need to learn what's inside Sevyen. Everything you need is in you." She started.

"It's not in me, not in this shop, or these crystals or anyone or anything. It's all you. And there's no way around it."

Great.