Chapter 17

Nick's POV:

I couldn't sleep, I lied awake all night thinking about the kiss we shared, the way her body felt in my arms, god!!! my dick is hard just thinking about it. Before I knew it, it was 5am and i needed to get ready for training with Sal. Clearing the dirty thoughts from my mind I put on my workout clothes and went to meet Sal in Lori's private training room. This time I was surprised to see that he was not alone, standing with him was Lori, Xander and Andre. "Is everything okay?" I asked when I stepped into the room, "what are you all doing here, did something happen?". I was feeling nervous, did I somehow how managed to mess up during one of the training sessions, "Nick, Sal told me you have improved greatly in your training and we came to see for ourselves and Andre volunteered to spar with you", " hey Nick, how are you doing and how was the date Sal said I was gonna help him train you today which is soo exciting, don't worry I'll go easy on you your my best friend after all but not too easy and then after training i was hoping we cou...", "babe, breathe" Sal said to his mate while giving him some water ,"thanks babe" Andre replied giving his mate a kiss on the cheek. I pulled Lori aside and asked her quietly "do you think i am ready for this, i mean, i have only been training for a few weeks with Sal, I don't think i can beat Andre in a fight". I really don't want to let Lori down. "I don't expect you to beat Andre, i just want to assess where you are in your training so i can know how to help you better, that's all" she said as she took my hand in hers and staring into her eyes just made me realize how much i want to kiss her again. Damn!! Is she really my mate, how did i get so lucky. We let go off each other when Andre shouted that it was time and walked back to the group. Andre and I got into our sparring stances ready to this.

Third Person POV:

Nick was exhausted, he lay panting on the floor staring at the ceiling, Andre really gave him a run of his money he couldn't believe how strong his friend was, “are you ok? Andre asked looking down him, “I'm fine just taking a breather” Andre gave him a nod and went to stay by him mate, while Lori came over and sat by him, “hey, how are you feeling?”, she asked as she placed a hand on his, “yeah I'm fine, just thinking about how my life has changed”, “is it for the better or worse?” Lori asked nervously, Nick sat up and grasped her hand firmly “definitely for the better” he said giving her a small smile. “Ok, let's continue training”. It was around 7 am that Lori decided that pack training was over and everyone went to start their day, she assessed that Nick was almost ready to go in the beginner classes. After freshening up Lori decided to go look for Elena and finds her cuddled on Eric's lap as they sit on the porch, she is docile as Eric rubs her head, “hey Elly, it's that time of the month huh?” Lori asks her normally energetic best friend,“yeah and it hurts like a bitch but anyway, what do you need?”, “advice on this mate thing, ever since we came back from the date its like I'm hyper aware of Nick whenever he is in the room and I really want him to kiss me again, help me Elly I don't know what to do.” Lori sighed sitting on the steps of the porch, “aww my baby is all grown up and having feelings but Lori he is your mate I have no better advice to give you than take baby steps, try talking to him and spending some time together”. Elena stretches her hand to grasp Lori's, “you know, I think he is more nervous than you and I also know you find each other interesting, the date and the kiss was the first step now you need to put on your boss alpha pants and talk to him”,“I know, I'm going now” Lori said as she stood up from the porch, “rest up ok and take good care of her Eric”,“I always do Alpha” Eric said kissing Elena's forehead. As Lori went to look for Nick, she wondered if her and Nick would ever get to that level of love and trust. She really hoped so.