Chapter 10

Nick's POV:

I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen while Lori talked with her friend Elena, they were whispering but i noticed the happy expression on Elena's face. Soon enough the their conversation was over, Lori came over to me “so what would you like to eat” she asked, “what ever you want to give me a-alpha” i answered with my head down in submission. I looked up slightly to see her mixing things in a bowl, i was shocked that she was the one cooking, she was an alpha afterall, “so tell me about yourself”, i squeaked in surprise, i didn't realize that Elena was next to me, “there is nothing interesting to tell ma'am”, i said feeling a bit scared, “let him be Elena” Alpha Lori said as she was placing a plate of bacon, eggs and pancakes in front of me. I stared at the food wondering if this was all for me, no its not, why would someone feed a worthless waste of space like you, my subconscious kept telling me and it was right, “won't you eat” alpha reminded me, i decided to eat one strip of bacon, “is that all you will eat” alpha asked, “i-i'm sorry alpha, i didn't know all this was for me and i didn't want to upset you by asking” i said with my head down. She walked towards me and i braced myself for the beating i would receive, i waited but it never came, i lifted my head slightly to see her looking at me with a sad expression, then she reached out to lift my head up to look at her, i thought i would flinch but surprising i was calm as she stroked my cheeks and more surprising i leaned into her touch, “no one would hurt you again i promise, so just eat cause you need to be healthier”, she said while handing me my plate of food, she even poured me some orange juice. I noticed after she gave me the orange juice that alpha's friend Elena had left. As i ate i began to think that maybe i could actually be happy again.

Lori's POV:
The hesitation in his eyes when i placed the food in front of him, the fear i saw in his eyes when i raised my arm to touch his cheek, i can't begin to imagine the trauma he lived through because of those bastards. As i watch him scarfing the food i think about all i will do to destroy his old pack for all they put him through, really the only thing stopping me from leveling their pack and causing a massacre is my mate, i can't kill them because Nick is still tied to their pack but when his initiation to my pack is done all ties he has to that wretched pack will be gone. “I'm done, Alpha” he says pulling me out of my thoughts, “thank you for the meal” he says as he picks up his plate to wash in the sink, “you don't have to do that, i can wash it for you” i say to him trying to get the plate but he refuses “with all due respect i can do it, i don't want to stress you any further”, “you are not stressing me Nick”, i try to reason with him but he doesn't budge, i try to take it again but looking at his eyes and seeing the readiness to help i let him. I stand by the kitchen counter waiting for him to be done, a few minutes later he stands before me with his head down showing me he was done, i look behind to see that he didn't only wash his plate but the other plates that were on the sink too, i wanted to say something but thought against it, i will well talk to him later. “Do you want a tour of the house or you want to rest?” i asked him, “i would like a tour, that's if its not too much trouble alpha”, i smile at him to assure him that it was fine. I grab his left hand with my right and we begin our tour through the house.

The pack house

The pack house.
A/N: Hi everyone, i just wanted to thank everyone who has made the time to read my book. You guys mean the world to me. Also i'm sorry i don't update quicker, i spend most of my time in the hospital because i have a life long incurable sickness and its pretty hard to type with an I.V in you arm. I will update as soon as i can thank you guys.