Chapter 9

Third Person POV:

The loud thumping of two hearts beats was the only thing that could be heard in the silence. Never in Lori's 20yrs of being alive would she have thought of she would end up in this position with a guy and said guy being her mate didn't help either. She could have as well told him to get up but there was no denying that she was enjoying the sparks and tingles she felt from the mate the bond and, she won't deny it looking into his deep brown eyes were a bonus, but as soon as his body was on hers it was gone. Fear was the only thing on Nick's mind, fear that he would be punished for falling on the alpha, right now he knew that his only solution was to beg, "I'm soo sorry Alpha, i didn't mean to bump into, i will try to look where i'm going", Nick said with his head lowered to show his submission. As she brought her right hand to lift his chin, she noticed him flinch from her touch, "You don't need to be scared of me i won't hurt you", she reassured him while looking into his eyes. Just then Nick's stomach decided to growl and ruin the moment, a tomato could rival the colour of his cheeks as he blushed with embarrassment, "come on lets get some food in you" she said with a small smile as she led them to the kitchen.

Lori's POV:
As we got closer to the kitchen, i could here voices of people talking but i didn't think it would be a good idea to introduce Nick just yet seeing as he is instinctively clutching my right arm, my wolf was happy that our mate saw us as a lifeline if he was scared. Even though my pack was the most feared and ruthless there was no denying that within our walls we were a family and a rowdy one at that so it was no surprise that immediately we got to the kitchen an egg whizzed past my face and hit the wall. “Alpha i am so sorry that egg wasn't for you”, i turned around to look at my best friend Elena, she looked ready to kill and from the way Eric was cowering , she was angry at him, “what did Eric do this time and how many times have i told you to stop calling me Alpha, you are my best friend remember”, “yeah i know force of habit”. Elena has been my best friend since we were kids, i remember the first time we met.

Flashback:
Slap!!, “you stupid little girl why can't you do anything right”, my father was angry again because i couldn't properly do the fighting style he taught me and had give me a slap for it “i'm sorry father please i will be better”, “get out of my sight”, “yes father”. I walked out of the training willing myself not to cry in front of my father. I have never understood why he hated me so much. Going to my hiding place under an oak tree in the pack backyard, i sat down on the grass and started to cry. “Hey what's wrong, why are you crying?” Looking up i saw a girl with vibrant red hair, she had dark pupils, she wore a disney princess t-shirt and red shorts and black sneakers, “my name's Elena, what's yours?”, “Lorien”, “well i'm calling you Lori and we are going to be best friends”, she said hugging me “now don't cry ok, let's play with my dolls”. She dragged me up to her room and our friendship formed.

Flashback Ends.

That happened when we were seven yrs old and we have been friends ever since, Elena still had her vibrant red hair but it was longer now, she was 5'7 damn she could kick butt, she's one of the pack's best warriors. “Lori who is that behind you?”, i had forgotten that Nick was behind me, “i want you to meet my mate Nick”.