Chapter 15

Lori's POV:

After slaving(well more of destroying) the kitchen for an hour and a few minutes, I decided cooking was a no-go. I mean who was I kidding, I knew that cooking breakfast foods were as far as my culinary abilities go so I don't know what made me think cooking food for a picnic was easy but I decided we would buy our picnic foods from a restaurant and eat it at the picnic site. I cleaned up the kitchen and walked up to my room to take a shower and wash of the burnt food smell. I walked up to my closet to look for what to wear.

I choose a white and blue sleeveless romper, a straw sun hat and brown slippers, did my makeup and went to get Nick from his room.

Nick's POV:

No, no and nosaid Andre as he flung another new shirt out my closet onto the floor, “what are you actually looking for Andre because you have rejected almost every clothe I own” I said rolling my eyes at the apparent new best friend of mine, “I just want to find something that makes you look stylish but also effortless”, “but we have gone through a large chunk of my clothes and you haven't found anything, can't I just wear my normal clothes, I don't think Lori would mind”, I said feeling a tad bit exasperated, “hell no! It's your first official date and you need to look great for it and as you official best friend, its my job to make sure you do” said Andre turning back to look into my closet. I walk over to my bed to sit and try to think about how all this started.

I had woken up today from a knock on my door and when I opened it, a pack member came with a message from Lori saying that she was taking me out for a picnic and she would come get me from my room at noon. I thanked the pack member and decided to get ready, I showered, went down for breakfast where I saw a strange sight of Elena being carried on the shoulders by Eric, they were trying to break open a cabinet, I guess they were to occupied with they were doing that they didn't see me take an apple and a bottled water from the fridge and go back upstairs to my room. I go to my closet and try to pick out what to wear when I realize that I have no sense of style or fashion I mean when you wear whatever hand-me-downs that your pack gives you, you learn not to care if it looks good or style so long as it's decent looking and still wearable, after thinking for a few minutes I decided that I should ask Sal to help me since I kinda see him as a friend. I leave my room and head to the parlour to see if I can find a pack member that can show me where I can find Sal. When I get there I see a guy sitting on one of the couches watching a show on the tv. He had chocolate brown skin and cute short dreadlocks on his head and a seemingly smallish,lean but sturdy stature and he looked angry as he was shouting at a character on the tv. I walked up slowly to him so I wouldn't startle him and tapped his shoulder, I waited for him to fully face me before asking, “hi I'm looking for Salvatore, do you know where I can find him?”, “who are you and what do you want with Sal?” he answers looking at me suspiciously with a hint of jealousy in his tone, “wel-ll, my name is Nick and i was hopin...”, “wait Nick! As in Nick Stone, the alpha's mate!” he asked excitedly, “yeah” I answered hoping I didn't just get myself in trouble. The next thing I know he jumps from the couch he was sitting on and wraps his arms around me, “I have been dying to meet you, I've heard all about you from my baby bear Sal and from Lori of course, My name is Andre and I'm Sal's mate, its so good having someone new in the pack, oh I bet we are gonna be friends or even best friends, you're really handsome you know that, don't worry I'm not hitting on you, I love my cupcake Sal” all the while he talked I kept wondering if someone could talk that much without breathing plus I couldn't really understand a word he said, other than his name and the fact that he could be Sal's mate, “so what do you say?” he says finally. I stare at him quizzically till I realized he asked me a question,“ermm sorry can you repeat your question, you were talking to fast so I didn't catch it”, “sure, I wanted to know if you would like to be friends”, he asked still hugging me tight, “yeah, I would I don't really have any friends yet since I'm still new in the pack”. “Yay! He shouted finally releasing me, he hugs really strongly for someone smallish, “so, you said you wanted to speak to Sal, what about?”, “oh, I need help in choosing an outfit to wear for my picnic with Lori this afternoon and I thought since Sal was the only person I actually knew a little, I decided to ask him to help” I said looking at the floor, feeling stupid for telling someone I just met about my lack of fashion sense, “I could help you choose, I have a great fashion sense and I bet I can have you looking great for you date, plus Sal can't help, that man lives in comfort instead of style”, “are you sure, I don't want to bother you, plus I think I can find something acceptable to wear” I said feeling guilty for disturbing him, “nope, its no problem, plus we're friends now and I can't let my friend look horrible on his date with his mate and since this is your first date, you need to look perfect”. He grabs my wrist and starts to pull me up the stairs, “tell me when we get to your room ok”, as we climb the stairs I realize something, “Andre, how did you know this was my first date”, “oh Nick, this isn't my first rodeo” that doesn't really answer my question but I don't ask again. I already know that Andre would be the crazy but cute and lovable kind of friend people often have and I'm happy about that. We get to the door of my room, I opened it and we step inside, he asks me if he could go through my closet, I agree and that brings us to were we are now. “Finally, I found something” he throws a bunch of clothes at me and pushes to my bathroom, “go change and come out let me see you” I step into the bathroom and shut the door, then lay the clothes on the sink island and pick the first one to try it on. When I'm done I check myself in the mirror and see that Andre wasn't lying when he said he had great fashion sense and even I can admit I look great, I guess I could see why he made a fuss. I stepped out of the bathroom to see Andre sitting on my bed waiting for me, he smiles smugly when he sees me “fine, you were right, I won't question your knowledge on fashion again” I say with an eye roll, “good, come help me tidy up your clothes as you wait for your date”, I walk over to him and begin to fold and arrange me clothes back into my closet while hoping to myself I don't mess this up.

 I stepped out of the bathroom to see Andre sitting on my bed waiting for me, he smiles smugly when he sees me “fine, you were right, I won't question your knowledge on fashion again” I say with an eye roll, “good, come help me tidy up your clothe...