Chapter 13

Lori's POV:

As the pack alpha, i run a very rigorous training regime, even though my father was and will always be a complete asshole, i won't deny he taught me well. When i killed my father at age 17 and took the place of alpha, i swore i wouldn't treat my pack as my father did. My father being a hopelessly biased man only trained the strong men of the pack so if you were unfortunate enough to be born omega or a girl, he wouldn't train you but i changed that, now everybody has to train, be it the women, pregnant or not, mated or unmated, children, omega or warrior, invalid or healthy, even the old, if you live in my pack you must train because you don't know when, where and how danger attacks and you have to be able to defend yourself. I train my pack not only in wolf and human form but also weaponry, i believe that changing into your wolf should be a last resort when fighting, so you don't depend heavily on your wolf. The 5-16yrs old train under Elena in building up their strength and endurance, knowledge of weapons, basic hand to hand combat and changing to wolf form for the first time when you turn 10, then when you become 16, you begin to practice with Eric. Eric teaches more advanced hand to hand combat in both human and wolf forms, using basic weapons, like switchblades, tactical military knives and how to wield and shoot a pistol gun. When you become 18, you begin to train with Xander and I in deadly hand combat, fighting to disarm or kill in wolf form and using more deadlier weapons. I normally get the different weapons from the packs weapon vault which is huge.

(Kinda of like this but with no chairs and other different weapons other than guns)

“Ok, pregnant women, the old and those who aren't so healthy will train with me today while the rest train with Xander” i order as they begin to arrange themselves accordingly. I had forgotten that Nick hadn't trained before until i saw him shuffling with the others to Xander, “Nick, Salvatore come here pls”, Salvatore was one of my best warriors in the pack, his is mated to a cute omega named Andre, but don't let the cuteness fool you, he is one badass omega and i was happy that my insisting to train everyone was benefitting the pack, after all there was a reason we were the best and most ruthless.

“Is-s so-omething-g wrong Lori?” Nick asked pulling me out of my thoughts, “no its nothing, i just want you to train with Salvatore because you haven't trained before and i trust him to teach you well”, “why can't you train me or you don't want to...

“Is-s so-omething-g wrong Lori?” Nick asked pulling me out of my thoughts, “no its nothing, i just want you to train with Salvatore because you haven't trained before and i trust him to teach you well”, “why can't you train me or you don't want to waste your time training my weak self” Nick said with his eyes downcast, his sad eyes tore into my soul so i had to tell him why i couldn't do it. I came close to him and lifted his chin up with my finger, “i don't want to train you because i can't hurt you without feeling bad and you need someone unbiased to help you become better and don't worry, i trust Sal to help you achieve that, so pls never call yourself weak again” all the time we were talking Sal stood silently watching, though i swear i could see a ghost of a smile appear on his face. “Sal, use my private training room to teach him”, “of course Al... i mean Lori”, he corrected because i gave him the “don't you call me that look” especially when he and Andre are two of my closest friends, “come with me Nick” he said as my mate rushed to follow. When i finally gave my attention back to the other members of my pack, i saw that some were stretching and others were already doing minor exercises and that made me proud that even if i wasn't here they could fend for themselves.

Training ended by 12pm though i dismissed my group early because i knew most of them had drugs to take and appointments to keeps and decided to check on my mate. When i got to the training room i saw Nick and Sal in a basic fighting stance but he looked tired and worn out and I immediately wanted to stop the training but i know its for his own good. I let them brawl for a few minutes before stopping them because my mate looked close to collapsing, “No!, i want to continue” he protested though he could barely stand,“you will but another day, when you are rested from this training first”. I help him to climb the stairs to his room, sit him on the bed and went  to run him a hot bath to help soothe his muscles. I was about to leave when he held my hand which stopped me and made me turn to stare at him, “thank you for actually believing that i could be strong” he says with a grateful gaze to me, i bent down to his bedside, i kissed his temple, “you have always been strong, you just needed help utilizing that strength, now go bathe and come down for lunch” i said as he gently released my hand. I left closing his door behind me and went to my own room to freshen up for the day.  

I don't know if i had put a picture of Eric and his mate Elena before, but if i haven't, there they are on top.