Chapter 12

Lori's POV:

Turns out taking him to the mall was like taking a child to a candy shop. He eyes lit up like he was experiencing a new world and i think in his case he was. At first when we came into the mall he wouldn't agree that he wanted anything and i was starting to think we would stay here without getting anything, until i noticed that whenever we passed a store he liked he would discreetly stare for a few minutes before looking away so now whenever he does that i make sure we check the store and by 3:30pm we already had 10 bags filled with shoes, clothes underwear etc. I had wanted to him a phone but it was getting late and we were both feeling tired and come 4pm i decided it was enough, we were both really tired plus hungry since it has been a few hours since we had  lunch at the food court, so we decided to call it a day and go home. We loaded what we bought in my car and off we went. We sat in comfortable silence until i heard his voice trying to stutter out my name, “L-l-lor-ri, i-i wanted to thank you for everything and for not rejecting me” Nick said with his eyes staring at his shoes and a faint blush on his cheeks, i felt so angry and sad because that stupid pack of his destroyed his self esteem making him always feel that his mate was going to reject him. I stopped the car at the side of the road, turned over in my sit and took Nick's hand in mine, “Nick, look at me” he slowly lifts his face and i can see the insecurity in his grey eyes, “Nick, i never want you to ever think i will reject you, you are my mate and we were meant to be together, plus no more thanking me, even if we weren't mates i would still help you” and i impulsively kissed his cheek which made us both blush as red as tomatoes. I awkwardly cleared my throat to try calming myself down and started the car again and took off to the pack, though i noticed that Nick had unconsciously reached over and held my hand and that made Selena and i happy that he was warming up to us which made me smile the whole way home.

Nick's POV:

SHE KISSED ME!!! Well she kissed my cheek but it was as still wonderful. We soon got to the pack house and she helps me to carry my things to my room and also tries to help me put them away but i can see how tired she feels so i decline. “L-lori, thank you for today” i say with a small smile, “your welcome” she says. She turns around to leave but stops before turning back to face me, “i forgot to tell that you are going to start training tomorrow to help boost your physique and also cuz you are the male luna and you need to start looking the part, so go down for dinner and rest up ok”, “good night” and she left. I did as she asked immediately not bothering to arrange my clothes because i could do that anytime and also i was really excited to be able to train tomorrow so that i can be the worthy mate she deserves. I take a bath, change into some pj pants we bought today and fall asleep anticipating tomorrow. 

I jolt awake from the loud siren like sound, i check the time and its 4:02am. The siren noise is still ringing and i try covering my ears that doesn't help, until i hear Lori's voice, “I'M GIVING YOU ONE HOUR TO GET READY FOR TRAINING AND IF YOU ARE LATE YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES”. “Shit” i curse as i scrambled out of bed, hurriedly put on my work out clothes Lori bought for me yesterday, brush my teeth and rush out to the hallway, where i see other pack rushing down the stairs and i follow them. I follow them go into the kitchen where i see other pack members each carry a piece of fruit from the assortment of fruits laid out in trays on the table and a water bottle from the coolers on the floor and leave through the back door of the kitchen. I pick an apple and water bottle and hurriedly follow every one, turns out the back door leads to the pack's very large training field, i could see different gym and training equipments lined up at different sections of the field. Lori was standing at the head of the field waiting for everyone to come out and join those who were already lined up facing her.
She was wearing a purple and black work out clothes that really showed off her curves and I'm a little ashamed to say it turned me on a little. She caught me staring and gave me a small smile and i couldn't help but smile back. “5 more minutes people, hurry up” she said through her megaphone and pack members rushed out, i was surprised seeing pregnant women, mothers carrying babies, toddlers and little kids all rushing out, i was even more surprised when they lined up with everyone training because in the mystic moon pack women didn't train only men, i felt it was a stupid rule back then because women needed to know how to protect themselves too but when i tried to talk i was beaten for it so i had to let it go. I saw other pack members rush out more quickly as Lori began counting from five to one, lucky everyone made it out in time, she proceeded to lock the kitchen back door, drop the megaphone and faced the pack “time for today's training” with enough alpha aura to bring you to your knees and I'm not ashamed to say my mate is a badass.