Chapter 7

Lorien's POV
Emotions was something i closed myself off from because of the abuse my father gave me all in the name of alpha training, that's what made me so ruthless, the blank emotionless stare i gave my victim before dragging them through hell, but standing here listening to my mate talk about me rejecting him almost made my heart break, i knew then that i was going to kill those that made my mate feel weak. I was so lost in thought that i didn't realize i was unknowingly brushing my thumbs on his lips, thinking of how it would feel kissing him. “Alpha, are you ok” Nick asked making me remember where i was, “yes, just thinking” i slowly removed my hands from his handsome placing them by my sides, “why did you say no, why would you want to keep a weakling as a mate?”Nick asked with tears threatening to fall, “You are my mate and no matter how ruthless you may have heard i am, i would never reject my mate”. The shocked reaction on Nick's face was funny and a little cute and a smile almost broke out of my face but i held it back,“are you sure?  You are an alpha and I'm an omega”, “for me that doesn't make a difference, alpha, beta or omega, you are my mate and with time and training you will also be the male luna, Nick i know how badly your old pack treated you but right here you are safe”. I gently pushed him back to lie on the bed, “the most important thing is for you to get some rest, i promise you i will be here when you wake up”. Nick fell asleep after a few minutes, i could tell the exhaustion was a lot, he looked peaceful asleep and i couldn't help myself from stroking his brown hair and kissing his forehead, “Selena, is it bad to say that i want to protect him and hurt those who hurt him,“its not wrong, i feel the same way”, “i just hope he won't reject me once he realizes everything i have done in my life because even though i have tried to be strong, his rejection will kill me”.

Three hours later, i mindlinked Xander to ask him to bring some food for me and Nick, while i tried waking him up, shaking his arm softly i didn't expect him to scream and shuffle to the corner of the room pleading and crying, “please don't hurt me, i swear i didn't mean to sleep, i won't sleep again”, it broke my heart seeing him this way but i didn't know what to do, “Go to him, he needs to touch us and take in our scent, just be his mate” Selena told me. I walked closer to him,  then i kneeled in front of him, i tried touching his face but he flinched away from me and sunk deeper into the wall, “hey Nick its me Lori, i won't hurt you, please calm down”, i tried again but still the same reaction,“Nick, please look into my eyes, we are mates remember i promise you that no one will ever hurt you again, pls don't be afraid of me”. I felt Selena in my head whimpering at our mate pushing us away and it broke my heart, i noticed that i didn't hear crying, looking up i saw Nick looking at me with fear but a little hope “Lori, please don't cry”, i hadn't even noticed i was crying till he said that,“i didn't mean to make you cry, I'm sorry”,“you didn't make me cry, i just couldn't take seeing you hurt”. I was shocked and happy when Nick crawled over to me and hugged my waist, I put my arms around him cradling his small body to my chest, i knew then that he was going to break the walls that spent me years to build around me and a part of me was happy to let it happen. 

Sorry, i haven't published in a while, i was sick, like admitted into a hospital sick but I'm doing better now. Love U All.