new to this

** d/n > daughters name **

i woke up to the sound of our newborn baby crying in the other room. a few days ago I gave birth to a beautiful babygirl. Vinnie has helped me so much through the process but nights like these, it's hard knowing she's mainly hungry. Lately I've been a wreck. I still wear my husbands sweatpants and my Calvin Klein sports bra that has been on me for the past 5 days. Not showering, knowing if i do the baby will need me right away. Barely eating due to lack of appetite and not even a little bit of makeup on my face. My motivation is getting slower by the day.

I sat up in the bed, rubbing my eyes at how tired I was. This happens every fucking night, the most amount of sleep I'm able to get is a total of 3-5 hours. Which is normal i know, but I'm still getting used to this whole parenting thing. Vinnie got up as well, starting to rub up and down my partly exposed back, knowing this was stressful to the both of us. He stood up and came to my side of the bed, kissing my forehead and intertwining his fingers with mine. "come on baby" he mused. I stood up and we walked over to the nursery where she was at.

D/n lay there, crying with tears all over her cheeks. "awh baby, it's okay, shh, it's okay" I began rocking her, slouching down on the recliner and pulling down my bra so I can feed her. She wasn't hungry.

I got up once more knowing babies do better when you stand. Vinnie was leaning on the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest, watching me.

There was only very little I could take before she let out another scream. Tears began rolling down my cheek, the overwhelmed emotions taking control of me. Vin walked over, taking her out of my embrace and began rocking her instead, hugging me with his free arm. I cried into his shoulder for a little bit as he kissed my head.

Sweet nothings escaped his mouth as he tried calming me and d/n down. It was around 4am, meaning it was still pretty dim outside. A few minutes passed and he finally put her to sleep. He legit does it like magic.

He laid her down in the crib, hovering a blanket over her small little body. Once he realized she was comfortable, his body turned around, seeing me wipe my tears. His hands went behind my thighs, picking me up, my legs now straddled around his torso.

I tucked my face in his neck and let out a shaky breath as he rubbed up and down my back. I pulled away from the hug, him still holding me as I looked him in the eye. His face softened once he saw my tear stains. He kissed my slightly wet cheeks, a lazy smile forming across his face.

"It's gonna be okay baby" he whispered

"i know, I'm just a mess"

"Yea well you also just gave birth, there's a reason why you might be"

"I hate you seeing me like this V"

"Babe. We have been together for what... 5 years now and have been married for almost 2. I love every part of you baby and that has never changed. The fact you just pushed out a child you held in your stomach for 9 months and you still look beautiful is impressive!"

A hazy chuckle fell under my breath."thank you baby, I love you, thank you for putting her to sleep, she's definitely daddy's girl" I giggled. He smiled and carried me to our room.

(don't think of "daddy" in a nasty way ight? 🙄)

He rested me on the bed and I went under the covers, a slight shiver taking over my body at the coldness. He giggled lightly and went under the blankets as well, cuddling into my chest, kissing above my boobs a few times. "You're doing a good job babygirl, just hang in there for awhile, when they're a baby we're doomed to loose sleep, it's all normal parent shit." I laughed quietly and kissed the top of his head, scratching up and down his exposed back. "Thank you babe, you're going to be a very good dad to her, already are." he smiled, knowing he loves when I talk about how good he is at parenting.

"Let's just hope she stays asleep yeah?" I nodded and he lifted his head, kissing my lips a few times. "I love you pretty boy." "I Love you too baby"

Time skip>>

That morning I woke up to the sound of d/n crying again. A groan left my mouth and I got up, vinnie still sleeping with his back facing me. As soon as I made it to her room, I picked her up and sat down on the rocking chair, now breastfeeding her. She was hungry this time so It was easier to help, unlike hours before.

Around 20 minutes later, she was full and pretty happy. Pulling my bra back up, I walked over to the kitchen, making some breakfast with my free hand. I was holding d/n in my left arm causing it to be a bit difficult.

To make it simple, I just made bacon and eggs knowing I get decently full off that. As I was cooking, d/n started crying again for no reason. I turned off the stove and brought my full attention to her. My chin was sitting gently on top of her head and she kept on letting out screams. My thoughts were maybe she was sick? Or just fussy? Didn't get enough sleep?

My brain could keep on running with questions, I just had to calm her down the best I could so vinnie could remain sleeping. He needed it, he's helped me too much, I gotta be able to do it on my own sometimes.

But of course, he walked through the kitchen, his eyes heavy since he just woke up. He walked over to me and I cupped the side of his face with one hand. "No baby go back to sleep, I got it, you need rest." He wasn't going to take no for an answer though. "No
y/n this isn't a one sided thing, I gotta help you out too, you're the one who needs rest, lemme see her." I handed her over to vinnie and she calmed down way better. How the actual fuck?

"I'm just so tired vin" I stated, putting our breakfast on plates. "I know baby, but like I said last night, you're doing a good job, take it easy today okay?" I scoffed lightly and placed the plates on the table. "I wish I could." He didn't move. I glanced up at him and saw a serious look on his face. "What?" I lightly giggled. "I'm serious babe, as long as she's not hungry than I can take care of her for a solid hour or so. What do you need to do besides grocery shopping, i can do that." He sat down and began eating his food I set out for him. "I mainly just need to take a shower, gotta wash my greasy ass hair." "Then do it baby, I can take care of her" I nodded and walked over to the chair right next to him. Sitting down and kissing his lips a few times. " thank you baby, I love you" I mused. "It's no problem and I love you more beautiful"

ꨄ