Chapter 9 - Lies

Chapter 9 - Lies

She tried to pull away but he held on firmly, his lips equally unyielding and pressing persistently onto her lips. He was forcing her to accept him.

Ashley, who had been persistently guarding her crumbling heart against succumbing to him, could no longer hold on. Her weakened will make it hard for her to gather any strength to push him away. His intimate manner was just like how they used to be, further weakening her will.

But it was his kiss that successfully crumbled down her remaining walls and she found herself kissing him back.

He groaned when he felt her surrender and kissed her harder, wishing to leave his mark on her. Someone loudly cleared his throat, snapped Ashley back to reality, and quickly pushed Sean away.

"That is a hot kiss," Kyle said with a sly grin as Evan stared at them, dumbfounded. He even forgets that he should have looked away.

Flushed with embarrassment at the entire situation, Ashley let out an outraged yell and tried to slap Sean's face, but darn that man for seeing that coming. He grabbed her wrist and leaned his face close until his lips could touch her ears.

"Shy, love? But you love it so don't deny it. Don't worry; I won't stop with just kissing. I will go through everything with you, and I will make sure you are very satisfied with everything," Sean whispered in a husky tone, knowing how his voice could affect her, and used it to his advantage.

Her answering shiver was noticed and her face flushed with shame.

How could he so easily breach through her defense? Was she a masochist, liking that he would hurt her again? Why does it have to be this kind of man that she could not forget?

Ashley's sight blurred and she quickly pulled her hand away, stepping back from him. She ignored the heat gathering on her ear that he had whispered to. "Sean Donovan, do you know how much I hated you? Loathe you? I want you to suffer for what you have done to me, but losing a few years' memories isn't what I call suffering! Rather, it's an act of a coward to forget what you have done!"

With one last nasty glare that she could muster, she stormed out of Evan's office, ignoring Kyle and Evan's call of her name. Sean had not called out her name or running after her did not escape from her notice either.

So it was true that she could never be the most important thing in his heart.

Sean does not love or care about her. All he cared about was himself and she was just an add-on in his life because life expects him to get married. He was now possessive of her because she had rejected him instead of clinging onto him as she had four years ago. He will never let her go unless he was the one that does the throwing.

He must have agreed with the divorce because he had emotionally thrown her away, and her mentioning it might save him time to do so.

Slowing down her pace after she hit the sidewalk, Ashley suddenly laughed and earned glances from the people around her.

She was very near being crazy now, and all of it was because of Sean Donovan.

Screw two days, she would leave right now for the sake of protecting her remaining sanity! She does not want to see him! Without her, he still has Kyle to help him out until his wife returns home!

As soon as she returned, she hurriedly went to her temporary room. She did not bother stuffing all of her belongings into her luggage properly. The sight of her crumbled clothes were ignored as she planned to get out of here before Sean came back.

But fate does not allow her to succeed, for Sean announced his return by slamming the front door before his loud pounding footsteps heading to the guest room.