Chapter 6 - Therapy with a hidden motive

Chapter 6 – Therapy with a hidden motive

Shocked that Marina would think that way, Ashley quickly denied but Marina stubbornly refused to believe her and insisted that Ashley was jealous. She even wished her luck and offered Ashley assistance to get Sean back. The conversation became out of hand that Ashley quickly denied everything and changed the topic.

Seeing that Marina was still tired from the trip, Ashley insists she goes to rest. Marina stared at Ashley with amusement when she offered to make lunch, knowing that the lunch would be a failure but did not stop her.

Staring down at her supposedly lasagne, Ashley sighed once again, not knowing what to do with it. She tried to hypnotize herself that the taste might differ from its appearance since she had followed the recipe she found online.

Sean must have known what Ashley was thinking because he grabbed the lasagna and tossed it into the dustbin before she had the chance to taste her own cooking.

"What are you doing? That's our lunch!" Ashley exclaimed in horror and moved to rescue her cuisine but Sean pulled her back.

"No, it's not." Pulling Ashley along, Sean walked towards the refrigerator and pulled out a nicely made and larger sized lasagna. "Marina knows you are going to make an inedible lasagna, so she prepared this in advance."

Ashley shoots him a glare but he ignores it and reheats the lasagna. "It will take a while."

"Where are we going?" Sean had pulled them out of the kitchen after leaving the lasagne under the timer's watch.

"Watch a movie while waiting for our lunch." He had them sit on a couch, side by side, with Sean practically plastered his side against Ashley.

"Let me go!" Ashley struggled to pull away, her body feeling out of sorts against the warmth radiating from his body. But he was stronger than her and her movement allowed her to accidentally feel his still amazing biceps that exposed his habits of exercising.

"Sit still." Sean switched on the movie, not looking at her but making no move to put a distance between them.

Ashley narrowed her eyes at him. "You had planned this!"

Sean smirked in response and pulled Ashley closer to him until they were practically snuggling. "So what if I did?"

Ashley punched his arm, which surprisingly packed enough power that it shocked Sean to loosen his hold, letting Ashley escape from his arm. She quickly scooted to the other end of the couch, eying him warily.

Sean stared at Ashley in surprise and doubt. "You say you don't hate me."

"I will if you continue doing things that I don't want to!" Ashley said coolly.

"You have someone back home?"

Ashley was bewildered at the abrupt question. "Why did you ask that all of the sudden?"

"You won't have refused me if you are still single."

Ashley's anger rose again at how confident Sean was of himself. "You don't think I would remain single, don't you? I will have you know that I've been dating and proposed to." She feels thrilled seeing his shocked face. "And I've accepted it."

What Ashley said was the truth, except that the engagement failed. That experience left a scar on her already wounded heart and left her with zero desire to get involved with men in a relationship anymore.

"Aren't I attentive? Caring?" Sean asked indignantly, rising from his seat and loomed over her.

"Why are you getting angry?" Ashley quickly backed away, but she could not go far with the couch on her back. She yelped when he suddenly caged her between his arms.