Chapter 31 - Samuel Donovan

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA CHAPTER TOMORROW, A SMALL GIFT FOR MY LOVELY READERS :D

Chapter 31 - Samuel Donovan

Ashley manages to avoid meeting Sean for the rest of the day and immediately clocked out the moment it was time to leave.

She had just climbed into the driver's seat of her car when suddenly a loud bang came from the other side of her car. She cried out in fright and saw that Kyle was standing outside her car. His palm was on the passenger seat's window and if he had not he looked apologetic for scaring her, she would be pissed.

Heaving a relieved sigh, she rolled down the window of the passenger seat and scolded him. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack, Kyle?"

"Sorry, but in my defense, I had called out to you so many times but you keep on ignoring me. I just had to knock on your window loudly to grab your attention before you drive away."

"Wipe your fingerprints off my window." Kyle rolled his eyes and without her consent, climbed into the passenger seat. "What are you doing?"

"I was ordered by your parents to stay at your home. They don't allow me and Ashton to share the same roof."

"They are wise to do so. But you have your hotel room."

Kyle sulked. "Checked out. And I could stay at your place for free. Sean would be staying at your parents' house instead."

"Then luckily I have a guest room," she said brightly, accepting his reason. "Where is your luggage?"

"Sean will drop them later at your house." Kyle grinned. "He must be using that excuse to see you."

Her smile threatens to disappear but she forces herself to keep smiling. "Nah, he won't do that. We are over now."

Kyle's cheeky grin dropped. "Seriously?"

"Yup. If you are not seeing Ashton, you could hit on Sean."

"Ashley?"

She could hear his concerned tone, which worked in breaking down her fake, unconcerned appearance. "I'm sorry. I'm not in the mood to listen to anything about Sean. Don't try to fix us up, Kyle. We are truly over this time."

"Are you alright?" Kyle asked, looking somewhat worried.

"Why won't I be?" she said and made herself smile again, only that it came out too brightly. "This is what I wanted."

Kyle could see she was forcing herself to act normally and did not say anything else to aggregate her. She was thankful for that. He only speaks once they step into her apartment.

Kyle whistled as he surveyed each corner of her apartment. "Nice place you have."

"You don't need to be nice to praise my small, humble cave. Follow me, I will let you see the guest room. It's not as fancy as a suite."

Kyle looked around the small guest room. "I'm already happy to have a decent room to sleep in. I'm hungry. What are we going to have for dinner?"

"Tonight, you are going to have to find your own dinner tonight. I have an appointment."

It was already six forty when she finished her shower and dressed up. When Kyle saw she was wearing a clean business suit, he asked, "Want me to come along?"

Ashley did not correct his misinterpretation that she was going to meet a business partner. "No need. I can handle it myself."

Ashley dropped Kyle off at her parent's house for dinner without getting out of her car. It was to avoid her mother's twenty questions which she might not be able to answer without poking a hole through her lie. Sean will drive Kyle back to her apartment with his luggage after dinner so she can take her time with her appointment.