Chapter 28 - Jean Wander

"Can I see it?" Sean trailed his warm palm over her back.

Ashley shivered, unknown from his warm eyes or the touch on her back. Yet she made no serious effort to stop him from peeling off her coat and then unbuttoning her shirt. Her body trembled from the sudden exposure to the cold air and raised her arms to cover the front of her torso.

"Don't hide from me," Sean whispered, bringing her back from their hazy and ambiguous atmosphere.

"You want to look at my back, then look." Thinking that he would be repulsed if he saw it, Ashley turned her back to him, letting him see the scar starting from the back of her neck and down to her mid-back.

"It looks like a tree," Sean murmured and traced her scar.

Fighting her trembling, she retorted with red eyes, "Then there is something wrong with your eyes."

She had seen from pictures, as mirrors were hard to look at from behind, how her scars were like. While they did not make her feel disgusted, believing that her body was destroyed or anything extreme like that, she also did not try to beautify and imagine what her scar resembled.

Her injury and scar were just a result of clashing with Gio and protecting her father as best as she could. It was as simple as that and there was no need to hate or love it.

The previous dry touch from his fingertips was replaced with something soft and warm, which was clearly not from his fingertips. Shocked, she wanted to move away, only to discover his arms were wrapped around her waist without her notice.

"What are you doing!" Ashley wriggled to free herself from his grip and to ignore the sensation coming from his lingering lips trailing over her scar that ignited the fire below her womb.

"I really miss you. I've constantly dreamed of touching you, kissing you, bringing you to the height of pleasure... I miss them all."

Ashley shivered and could not stop herself from breathing heavily as he spoke without removing his lips from her sensitive back. The warm breath as he breathed against her skin brought tingles under her skin, and her back arched from the teasing pleasure.

She could already feel her body growing soft and yielding just from his lips. Her mouth trembled as her heart wanted her to tell him to give her more.

The ringing coming from Sean's mobile phone saved her from succumbing to her momentarily weakness. Shaking off the lingering shivers, she quickly used almost all her strength to get herself away from his arms and clothed herself.

She did not turn to look at him, but she could clearly hear him cursing under his breath in the silent office. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt him kissing her back above her clothes before moving away to answer his phone.

"What is it, Kyle? ... You already returned with them? Got it. I will come right out." Sean ended the call and turned to Ashley, who had regained her composure and was ready to face him. But seeing his heated gaze, she suddenly wondered if she should make an escape before he ended the call.

However, it was also silly for her to escape her own territory when he should be the one that leaves!

"The helpers had already arrived. Do you want to meet them?"

"Already? That's too quick, isn't it?" Ashley asked suspiciously. The trip to and forth from the airport took at least two hours, and it was not even an hour yet since Kyle went out.

"They arrived way earlier and Kyle only picked them up halfway the trip. I have nothing to complain about when they can start helping earlier."

She also had nothing to complain about either and just said it to ease their situation. "Okay, introduce them to me."

"... You have already known them before," Sean said vaguely and before she could ask more, he had already opened the door to step out.

His helpers should be his friends which she had only met once or twice before their marriage. They were not that enthusiastic about getting along with her so they were polite but distant with each other, for the sake of their mutual relationship with Sean. In fact, she barely even remembers their faces or names, other than Sean's closest friend, Mason.

Was Mason one of the helpers he asked to help?

Sean and Ashley found everyone had gathered at the dining area, with no sight of a customer. The front entrance was closed, likely to be Mr. Summer's decision to close the restaurant early for today. They also had their workers go back home early, with the actual purpose being to avoid any slip up if their plans were leaked out.

Just as Ashely had guessed, one of the helpers was Mason.

"Good to see you again, Ashley," Mason greeted, his smile still remains the same even after four years. Mason was one of the friends that attended our wedding and were pretty nice to her.

"Same to you. Thank you for agreeing to help."

"When the boss calls, you have to come," Mason joked and shot an amused look at Sean. "But I sincerely want to help."

Ashley smiled in relief. "Thank you."

She hardly knows about Mason's background, but one thing she knows was that he shared a few similar traits with Sean. Determination and hard will to do anything to get what they wanted. Mason used to joke that he gets everything done the legal way, of course.

"Jean is here to help too," Mason said and introduced the blonde woman beside him.

"Jean?" Ashley's tone sharpens and the blonde smiled, although it was coated with nervousness. Naturally, she would not have a good expression towards the woman that had a hand in destroying her marriage, whether she was an innocent party or not.

"I'm Jean Wander. You must be Ashley Summer. Mason and Sean talked a lot about you," Jean said with a warm smile, but Ashley caught onto the guilt that appeared in her eyes before hiding it away.

"Strange that you would talk about your ex-wife to your current wife. He must have said bad things about me," Ashley said lightly.

"Why would I speak badly about the woman I love?" Sean said and Ashley stared at him in disbelief.

How could he say that in front of his wife? And how could his wife allow him to do so?

Ashley glanced at Jean, but there was no hint of jealousy or anger from her husband's words. Does that mean the divorce was agreed from both sides? Jean was still in love with Mason?

Ashley suddenly feels a little sympathy for Sean who had agreed to marry a woman that loved another just for the sake of his son. However, she does not dare claim that Sean might not be in love with Jean once.

How could one sleep with another without feeling some attraction? She could feel her mood drop slightly just the thought of it.

"You did not tell her everything?" Jean asked Sean with a disapproving look when she saw Ashley's confused look.

But Sean just shrugged as there was nothing wrong. "I will tell her everything after our divorce procedure is done."

Jean looked worried and hesitated for more than a few seconds before she said, "Thank you."

By now, not only Ashley was curious, the rest of the Summer family members that had been silently watching at the side were too. Because from what they could see, it was as if Jean had wronged Sean in their relationship.

It was also because of that, her dissatisfaction with Sean's silence also reduced quite a bit, but her resentment towards Jean grew.  

Like my writing? You can support me thru:

www.paypal.me/chocolily

www.ko-fi.com/chocolilystory