Chapter 19 - Call from the media

A/N: Heeeeey everyone. If you saw my status, I've said I'm busy with my finals, so yeah, last week's update got delayed till today. 

Chapter 19 - Call from the media

"They should have bothered Gio instead of you. He's the one at fault," Ashton grumbled tiredly as the restaurant's phone had been ringing many times. It was now off-hours, yet people were still calling in.

Ashley had underestimated people's desire to uncover Sean's love story and how quickly they found out about her. Their restaurant's number was easy to be found, as they also started offering takeaway services where their number could be found on the internet. But the good news was their diner received a large number of customers after the tasting program. Everyone that tasted Advin Summer's food promised to return again and they did.

Unfortunately, they could not ignore the phone calls and had to screen who was their customer and who was from the media wanting to interview Ashley or Advin. It was still manageable, as long as those people did not go to her apartment to bother her.

"I heard he had fled from the country," Acorn, one of the kitchen helpers, joined in to gossip.

"I couldn't care less where he went," Ashely sneered and cut off the call from the media again. Deciding that since it was their off-hours, she turned off the phone line and sighed in bliss. Sooner or later, the sound of the phone ringing will trigger her anxiousness.

Since morning, she had been manning the telephone and did not have much time to do her own job. The new arrival of customers was good news, but they still need to find a new supplier to have enough ingredients. They had to push away a good number of customers because of their lack of ingredients and they could not go on like this.

None of their staff had the time to go to the supermarket to restock their supplies, and buying from the market was much more expensive than buying from the supplier.

Should she increase the price on the menu? No, she could not do that either, especially when their diner was more family-oriented.

"That won't do! A person like him should be keeping track in case he suddenly went crazy and attacked us!" Acorn contradicted.

"Sure, if you are more assured that way, you do it. No need to tell me, unless he's dead." Then Ashley would flaunt herself and dance on top of his grave.

"Whelp, if it suits you. I'm off, lady boss!" Acorn left to change his clothes and went back home.

"I still can't believe he would successfully learn how to make 'Winter's Breath'," Ashley mumbled. After all, that recipe was very difficult to make, especially the craving for the tree.

"I'm the one at fault."

"You are not. This is all that bastard's fault."

"Ashley, I was the one that showed him the Winter's breath."

"What?" She jumped up and stared at her twin brother in disbelief. She had always thought Gio had somehow wormed into her father's heart and got the recipe. "What possessed you to do so?"

He sighed, his eyes falling onto the floor instead of her. "He was like a good friend to me, a brother that I wanted. We are both chefs, and I thought we got along very well. So when he wanted to know the Winter's Breath after tasting dad's, I showed it to him in detail."

"Oh, God." Ashley collapsed onto a chair.

"I just showed some of the steps, and I forgot to add some ingredients to it. I guess God saved me by making me forget that time." Ashton laughed bitterly.