Chapter 14 - Sean's visit

Chapter 14 – Sean's visit

It was only after a week passed did Kyle had so 'kindly' informed Ashley that Sean would be coming as well.

And it was today.

As a result of knowing it, she kept looking out of her window, even after she told herself that she was being paranoid. She could not stop herself from being delusional that Sean would show up before her door. There was no doubt he could find out her address, being the resourceful man he was.

During these days, she had made use of Kyle's visit to force him to reveal Sean's true occupation. What kind of office worker involves meeting with chefs and participating in the tasting program that Gio revealed?

"Our company is involved in the food industry."

Heck, she used to think he was just an office boy in a company with how low-key he was when he introduced himself to her for the first time! She never thought he was actually a famous man in the food industry!

With just a simple google of his name, she easily discovered his basic information. He was well known for his golden tongue in food tasting, and a lot of restaurants asked him to judge their food.

God, she hated it when true facts slapped her face after all the years of believing his lies. Why would he marry her when he had to lie to her? Did he enjoy lying to people all the time?

Ashley truly believes that he had loved her, with his action spoken louder than his words. That was until their honeymoon trip ended.

He totally changed from the possessive, caring, and sweet man to the cold and rigid man that she did not recognize. She hoped to break his cold façade and did almost everything but still failed miserably. She had managed to break his cold mask once, but he had quickly slipped its mask back, much to her dismay.

It goes on for a cold five months, as she continuously hopes for the man she loved to come back. Yet one day she finally woke up and realize she was stupid for continue hoping Sean would go back to the one she know and loved.

It was hard to change yourself, so why do you expect you could change another person?

Even knowing that, she still wanted to try one last time. She had never actually planned to ask for a divorce for real, with half a mind to scare him of what he might lose. But he shattered her heart with his immediate answer of "Yes."

He never asked why she wanted a divorce.

What hurt her the most was his expression. It was not remorse or guilt, but a brief flash of relief. It was at that moment she had to face the harsh truth that she does not have a place in his heart anymore.

She was startled out of her memory train when the doorbell rang. Her hands trembled at the thought it was Sean, and she confirmed it when she eyed out of the peeping hole. He rang the bell again when there was no response, his attitude showed his confidence in his knowledge that she would be in her apartment.

She knew he would continue ringing the doorbell for a long time before giving up. But she was also not willing to be subjected to the noise abuse, which was loud enough that people outside her apartment could hear it too. If she continues ignoring him, her neighbor might just come out to see what was going on.

She released a deep breath before opening the door, letting her eyes take in his simple shirt and casual slack pants. And hated herself for finding him handsome.

"What are you doing here?" Ashley asked expressionless, blocking him from marching into her apartment.

"Let's get in and talk. You don't want your neighbors to hear everything, do you?"

Love Me Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें