Chapter 44 - He won't hurt you anymore

For a week, they heard nothing from Samuel, which Ashley was not worried about as he had flown to find his wife and would not be bothering them anytime soon. The thing that worried her the most was Gio, which made her anxiously wait as if something would happen at any time.

Forcing herself not to worry so much about it, she chooses to spend all her attention on picking furniture for their new restaurant and allocate a budget for it.

"Sis, come down!" Those are the first sentence that Ashton uttered as soon as he burst into her old bedroom at her parent's house without a single knock.

As a result, Ashley was surprised and her hand holding onto a pen ruined the important document that she had to sign.

"Don't you know how to knock? Wait until I give permission for you to enter! And is it difficult to open the door gently instead of trying to pull my door off its hinges?" Ashley asked with venom and tossed the pen onto the table.

Ashton also saw what his yelling had done to the innocent document and looked embarrassed. "Sorry. I will help you print that document again."

Anger gone from his apology, Ashley asked, "What is it that you've asked me to go down for?"

"Right! Something big happened!"

"What? Did Gio appear or something?" Ashley asked in alarm and quickly stood up. With her hasty movement, she accidentally pushed the ruined document she was about to sign onto the floor.

Ashton watched as the poor paper with ink stain was then stepped by its owner without care.

"Something good related to Gio is shown on the TV!" Ashton quickly pulled his mind back and urged his sister to follow him.

Ashley hurriedly follows behind Ashton down the stairs and to the living room where everyone had already gathered with their eyes glued onto the TV.

"What is it?" Ashley asked. She stopped at a spot where she could watch the TV without blocking anyone. Sean went over to stand at her side and she does not even know when he had arrived at her family house.

"Someone turn up the volume!"

Advin Summer grabbed the remote and turned up the volume.

The TV was now playing the news channel, where Gio's sneering face filled the screen. Below his picture was a large font 'Wanted Criminal' with his full name below it. The newsperson was urging anyone that encountered this man to call the police so that the criminal could be captured before he could harm more people.

Ashley felt that Gio's crimes were exaggerated to be able to enter the news, unless he had actually done many dangerous things without her knowing.

Then the screen changed to a rather familiar video that had her breathing become irregular. The video was filmed at an odd angle, but it takes in the protagonists of the film clearly.

It was showing the interior of the old Summer Diner with Gio and Ashley at the center of the attention. She immediately recognized which day was it, just as the 'her' in the video got slapped by Gio until she falls onto a table. That moment was just after she told him she want to break things off with him and gotten him upset.

Right after she crashed onto the table that fortunately was not occupied by any customer, everyone in the diner jumped up to defend her. They crowded around Gio and stood between them so that he would not be able to hit her again. Gio even tried to grab a chair to throw at her but was quickly stopped by the customers.

"That bastard," Sean cursed angrily as he watched the video come to an end when the owner of the filming device went to help out. He wrapped his arm around her waist to assure himself that she was fine now.