Chapter 41 - We can't make a mess

The full version is only on my patreon page, for the safety of underage readers. For those that aren't my patron, stay innocent~

To those interested -> www.patreon.com/chocolily

Chapter 41 - We can't make a mess

"Well, the third rule is our house," Ashley continued.

"What about it?"

"If you find my house small or uncomfortable, we could buy a new house..." She trailed off, eyeing him, waiting for his answer. Their marriage house was way bigger than her small apartment and she doubts he would stay in her small apartment for a long period.

But she was reluctant to give up her one-year-old apartment that she just started to decorate into a space she liked.

Surprisingly, Sean was rather understanding. "I don't mind staying there until our little household grows in number. That house is brought by your own money that you worked hard to earn. Plus, this house isn't small, but I do need one of your rooms to be my office. I will pay a part of my rent if you would allow me."

"That's... There are only two rooms in my apartment and one of them is the guest room."

"Then we can turn the guest room into our office. We don't invite guests to stay over, and if there is one, they can take the couch."

Ashley arched an eyebrow. "What if it's our parents then? Are you going to kick them to the hotel?"

"I doubt your parents will want to stay. If they need help, we will just stay at their house to take care of them for a short period."

That answer earned an agreement from her.

Seeing she nodded, Sean added, "Since we are going to stay at your house, I'm going to sell my house and use the money to buy a bigger bed for us."

"Not using it as a hideout to get away from me when you got bored of my face?" she asked with a grin.

"I made a vow never to get away from you, even if you want to."

She giggled and cupped his face. "Vow, huh? Don't regret it."

Sean clasped her hand and kissed her fingers lightly. "Are there any more rules?"

Arched an eyebrow, she said, "For now, no more, but I might add more later."

"Now let's talk about my rules," Sean said.

Ashley gaped. "You don't have rules!"

"I do now. It's only fair that you listen to my rules when I listen to yours."

Ashley sighed exaggeratedly. "Fine, tell me."

Sean stared right into her eyes, looking serious. "I want children."

She looked at him as if he had gone out of his mind. "Isn't that obvious? You had even mentioned increasing our number of household members."

Relief coloured his eyes despite his following words. "Just to make sure. But are you okay with getting pregnant again?" Sean asked worriedly and caressed her waist that fortunately did not tickle her.

"The doctor says it's okay, but I still have to be careful during my first trimester."

"I will take extra care of you," he promised and she could not resist kissing him for how sweet he was. Even if it was just lip service, it still touched her heart. "Hmm, I will never get tired of this."

"You better or else I will kick you out of our house," she said, half teasing, half-serious.

"Won't dream of it. Going to hear my second rule?"

Ashley pouted. "There's more?"

"Hundred more," he mocked.

She smacked his chest lightly. "Get on with it, smartass."

He laughed but complied with his queen. "I will make sure you get pregnant before the year ends."

Ashley was taken aback. "Why?"

"I believe my secretary deserves to get married. I don't want a moody secretary that makes me a sweet, cloying coffee to demonstrate his protest."

She laughed, able to imagine Kyle doing so and even smiling innocently to deny his crime. "But you will have to work hard to make it happen, big boy."

"Then let's start making one now," he growled and carried her to her bed.

"No way!" Ashley protested only verbally but allowed her body to fall on her single-sized bed. "My parents are in the house!"

"Then we just have to be quiet. I have already locked the door." Sean had already started kissing her stomach after pushing her shirt up. Her stomach tightened from the fleeting kiss that travelled upwards and her heartbeat in anticipation.