Tiga puluh dua

Chapter 32

It was three months after Itachi's hearing. The said male was now working behind his desk near Shikaku Nara. He took Fumiko's order to another level as in within the short amount of time he was there, Itachi gained Tsunade and Nara Shikaku's trust completely. They let him handled which mission was suitable for which team, which originally Hokage's task. He also got the privilege to help Tenzo in strategy forming for ANBU's missions.

Talking about mission, Fumiko was crouching on the top of Deidara's corpse. Her tanto was deep in Deidara's chest with lightning radiated from the weapon. Her breath was ragged, as she was having trouble with her lungs lately. It took a while for her to notice someone was crouching in front of her. The guy had spiky hair with orange mask.

"You've become weak, Fumiko-sama." The man finally said in his deep voice.

The girl opened her healthy eye, looking directly in the hole of the man's eye. Her eternal Mangekyo dilated as it recognized its pupil's. Her mouth pressed into a thin line, making the blood from her cough fell on her chin.

"Uchiha Madara." Fumiko scoffed.

"You've heard about me." He sounded cocky. "From your so-called brother, I presume?"

"Nah," She spit her blood, "you really think that my ROOT isn't keeping tabs on Akatsuki?"

"Eh?" Fumiko could feel the smirk out of the masked man. He was mocking her. "And please do tell, how is it going?"

"What about you tell me how is it going? I believe there are less of you now that I killed Deidara."

"You might be right." Madara shrugged. "Yet, you're making a great mistake here."

"....What do you mean?"

"Oh, come on, Fumiko-chan, you surely don't believe that Deidara being here is just a pure luck on your side?"

Fumiko froze as her eyes widened. "He's a bait."

"Bingo!" He replied in a fake cheery voice before it became deep again. "And why's that?"

"You want to lure me out." Fumiko frowned. "Why?"

The man sighed, he gently took Fumiko's long hair in his hand before sniffed it. "I don't want you there when my subordinates destroy Konoha."

The usually stoic faced girl turned into a shocked one. "What..?"

"You're the legacy of Uchiha, of course I wouldn't want my clan head to be hurt, right?" The male hummed as he kept stroking Fumiko's hair.

The horror was evident in Fumiko's eyes. Her body was rigid, but she could not move due to her lack of chakra and sickness kicking in. She suddenly felt sick and started to throwing up blood. The red substance fell all over Deidara's body, making it even more gore than it actually was. Her eye went blur before she fell onto Madara's arms, losing consciousness.

A plant-like creature came out from the ground, looking at Madara with interest. "Can I eat Deidara?"

"No." The man shook his head. "Let him rot here, and maybe Konoha would think that Fumiko is also dead."

"Why?" The white part of the plant asked. "What's the use of the girl?"

"She's the hindrance we don't need in the upcoming war." Madara answered. "Besides, she's the perfect bait to lure Sasuke-kun on our side."

"And when will you kill her?" The black part said in distaste. "She's weak. I can smell her dying."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to use her to the fullest before letting her die." Madara scoffed and stood up with Fumiko in his arms. He took out the girl's tanto from Deidara's heart before cutting off her right arm, letting it fell a few meters away from Deidara's body and using his genjutsu to make the bleeding stopped.

"Why do you cut her off?"

"To make sure she won't be able to cast any jutsu." Madara chuckled. "I can cut her legs off too, but it will be annoying if there's any infection on them."

"Ah." The white plant nodded understandingly. "Where are you going now?"

"It's time to recruit Sasuke-kun." He sighed while adjusting Fumiko in his arms.

"Alright. We'll meet you...." Kuro said.

"...in the hideout." Shiro finished.

It did not take long for Madara to find Sasuke's whereabout. He was heading to Konoha in a fast pace before the said man appeared in front of him and his group.

"Sasuke-kun!" The red haired woman warned.

Sasuke stopped immediately, followed by his minions. He squinted his eyes when he saw his older sister in the Akatsuki's arms. Her face was pale and blood was zoning out from her nose and mouth. Immediately, Sasuke activated his sharingan. Even though he felt betrayed by Fumiko, she was still his sister. She was still his family. Anger whip-lashed him like a lightning. Only he himself was allowed to hurt or kill Fumiko.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. Her." He gritted his teeth.

Madara calmly tilted his head. "If you want to destroy Konoha, don't. My subordinates plan to attack Konoha soon. You can't mess up their plan."

Sasuke glared at him without replying, making the older Uchiha sighed. "Listen, we don't have much time before Konoha notices us, but I plan not only to destroy Konoha, but the world for what it did to us Uchihas. Are you in?"

"Us?" Sasuke frowned. "Who are you?"

"You've heard of me. I'm Uchiha Madara." He smirked.