Delapan

Chapter 8

Working on the ROOT was not hard. Surprisingly, Danzo made a good system within the ROOT. For the past three weeks, the ROOT was focusing on those who held grudges towards Konohagakure, including Orochimaru. Like a snake he was, it was difficult for the ROOT to find him. However, Fumiko did not give up.

At this very moment, Fumiko was running through the woods to go back to Konoha. She was on another mission with a ROOT member named Sai. He was a pale black haired boy who reminded her of her own brother, minus the spoilt part.

"Taichou." Sai warned as they saw lots of cut tree barks.

Fumiko nodded. They went to follow the cuts until they reached a massive lake. There was going to be a fight between these men with a missing nin that she recognized as Zabusa. Behind the missing nin was her ex-ANBU captain, Hatake Kakashi.

"Let's go."

Fumiko deflected one of the thug's hit and made several spaces between them and Zabusa. Back to back, Fumiko tilted her head. "Kakashi, situation."

"They're Gato's men. They're trying to dispose this bridge so people will keep suffering."

"Your mission?"

"To make sure the bridge is finished."

Fumiko sighed. She took off her ANBU mask, but not completely as she only showed the thugs her right eye. Within a second, bloody screams were heard. The thugs were suddenly fell with blood sputtered out of their mouth and nose. Fumiko deactivated her sharingan as the villagers came with confused faces.

"I don't understand what happened, but thanks!" Naruto said to the ROOT.

Fumiko came closer to Zabusa and stood in front of him. The once feared man's condition was pathetic. His body was beaten to pulp and his breath was ragged. He had no longer time.

"Zabusa Momochi." Fumiko said with finality.

"D-do it." Zabusa coughed again before casting a glance to a dead teenager. "There's no use for me to live any longer."

"Very well." Fumiko nodded as she plugged her hand inside Zabusa's ribcage, taking out his heart. The man fell with a thud.

"Y-YOU! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Naruto was livid and about to attack Fumiko as Sai stood in front of him with his tanto out. "MOVE OUT! LET ME KILL HER!"

"Naruto!" Kakashi scolded. "She was just doing her job!"

"She doesn't need to kill him!"

Fumiko looked down at the heart on her hand before walking to the dead boy. Doing the same thing she did to Zabusa, Fumiko plugged Haku's heart out. Kakashi had to held his student down so he would not attack the girl.

"Here." Taking out a towel out of her pouch, she wrapped the hearts and handed them to Naruto gently. Naruto was confused.

"We have to take the bodies of Zabusa and Haku." Sai opened his mouth. "Taichou's kind enough to give you their hearts so you can bury them."

Naruto was stunned. Fumiko did not care though, she waved her hand to Sai. The boy took the bodies and put them inside his scroll.

"Where's he?"

"Fumiko, I—" Kakashi's words were cut as the girl body flickered in front of her brother. Sakura screamed in surprise.

"Tsk." Fumiko took her brother out of Sakura's embrace and set him down. She knew that her brother was still alive, as she saw his low chakra was still flowing.

Fumiko's bloody hand then was covered in green chakra as she put it on her brother's ribcage. The green chakra was focusing on his heart, forcing it to heal and beat on its own. After a minute or two, Sasuke's blurred eyes stared at his sister's behind the mask.

"Fu...miko," He rashly said. Sakura exhaled in relief. Fumiko pushed Sasuke into Sakura's lap gently.

"Taichou." Sai stood behind her, making Fumiko nodded.

She stood up and was to leave when Sasuke stopped her. "W-wait!" Fumiko stood in her track. "I-I'm sorry. You're right. I have no right saying all those things to you. It was my mistake. Nee-san, I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He choked.

Fumiko did not say anything as she held Sai's arm and body flickered away. They submitted the bodies to the agent, then body flickered to the base.

Sai was giving her a curious look, Fumiko noticed. She raised her eyebrow, making the said boy faced away before looking back at her.

"What is it?" Fumiko sighed.

"I thought you hate your brother." Sai said bluntly.

"And?"

"I guess you don't hate him enough to let him die. Especially with that expression you gave when you healed him."

Fumiko looked back at Sai sharply. He was giving her a fake smile, which made an irk mark popped up on her head. "I never hate my siblings."

"Oh? Then why are you being so harsh on Sasuke-kun?"

"...."

Fumiko faced away and kept walking towards her office. Fu, her second in command, had already waiting for her there.

"Taichou."

"Fu." Fumiko nodded. "What is it?"

"We've found lead to Orochimaru's hideout."

Fumiko sat down and opened the folder Fu gave her. The said male pointed several places within the documents. "We followed your last instruction and we found out his hideout. His freshly hideout. We often time noticed Orochimaru and a few of Konoha people."

"Spies for him?"

"We suspect so."

"Are there any other people besides these Konoha people?"

"Surprisingly, yes. Several people from Hidden-Sound and Hidden-Sand."

"Heh," Fumiko chuckled. "it's getting interesting. Keep watching on them and let me know the updates."

"Ha'i."

*