Sebelas

Chapter 11

"Today, we're going to make sure you use your sharingan on its optimum." Fumiko said. She leaped away from her brother and started throwing several kunai at different time.

Sasuke widened his eyes before activating his sharingan and dodged the kunai. A snip of the hissing kunai meeting flesh making both siblings stopped. On his left arm and right cheek, there were two cuts.

"Futon!"

A swirl of high speed wind hit Sasuke right on his chest, making the said boy smashed into a tree. Feeling buzzed, the said boy shook his head, making sure his eyesight was clear enough to continue. He saw the hand signs that his sister made, and familiarized himself with them as he copied the jutsu. Two seconds later than his sister, both of them yelled.

"Katon: Dragon breathe no jutsu!"

Both flames were huge, even though Fumiko's was three size of her brother's. Sasuke knew he would not be able to hold on any longer, so he dodged away. Fumiko made a hand signs again, this time was too fast for Sasuke to follow. She threw several shuriken with flames on them.

Reading the movements closely, Sasuke dodged. But again, his body movement was not as fast as his eyes nor his brain. Several shuriken hit him and burnt his clothes. Fumiko stopped on a tree branch above him, knowing her brother was not able to continue. Sasuke was a panting mess. He sweat a lot and his breath ragged. Even his chakra was low due to the overused sharingan.

"See what I mean?" Fumiko sighed. "Even though your eyes could follow the movements of the kunai, your body doesn't. Why?"

"Because I lack of exercise." Sasuke mumbled.

"You stopped doing the menu that I gave you, didn't you?"

Sasuke flinched at his sister's words, looking down in shame. "I'm sorry."

Fumiko sighed. She knew she was not being fair, as the jutsu she did was on A and B level jutsu. Of course, a genin like Sasuke would be drained of chakra. In fact, she should be congratulating her brother to be able to copy her jutsu with only one try. However, Sasuke did not need to know about that. Fumiko thought Sasuke was weak as the result of being spoilt brat.

"This is why you're weak, Sasuke. You can only use 100% of your sharingan if your body supports you. The menu is not only for raising your stamina, but also your speed and immunity."

Sasuke did not say anything as Fumiko threw a scroll towards him. The young boy opened the scroll and widened his eyes. "This is your new menu. Do it everyday no matter what Hatake teaches you. I'll see your changes in a week. Until then, practice on your own."

Fumiko was about to leave when her brother's voice cut her out. "Nee-san, can I ask you something?"

"Hn?"

"Your sharingan, it's Mangekyo, isn't it?"

Fumiko stopped in her track. "Why?"

"That man," Sasuke answered with hatred, "he told me in order to defeat him, I need to possess Mangekyo sharingan. He... he said that if only I possess Mangekyo, I would be able to stand on his level. I desperately want to—"

"Sasuke," Fumiko's icy tone made the boy snapped from his trace. "what if I told you that Itachi was not the real culprit?"

"W-what are you talking about, nee-san?!" Sasuke reached for her and with his trembling hand, he gripped her shoulder. "You weren't there. He's the one who killed kaa-san and tou-san. I saw it! He's guilty!"

Fumiko stared at her brother blankly. "Like I said, what if he was not the real culprit?"

"Then... who? Who's responsible for our clan's death?!"

"I've beheaded him." Sasuke looked up at his sister as if she lost her mind. Her raven beads turned into bloody mangekyo. Right there, Sasuke could see the hatred within his sister. "The man that responsible for our clan's death. I've beheaded him. So there is no reason for your avenger act. I've revenged our clan."

"W-what?"

Fumiko looked down at her brother. "Instead of trying to take revenge on the wrong person, why don't you think about it, Sasuke? You're smart, no?"

"W-what do you mean?! Itachi is—he is—,"

Fumiko once again sighed. Her brother was in denial. Who would not, after all he went through. She put her hand on the top of his head, making Sasuke's watery eyes went even wider.

"Think about it, Sasuke." Fumiko said softly. "Why these all happened to us? Why our kind and loving onii-san killed the whole clan? Why are we the only survivors? Why I'm being removed from ANBU ops? Why am I now an ANBU ROOT captain? And why an ex-ANBU captain is your sensei? Why?"

"Why?" Sasuke repeated.

"I know you were just 7 at that time, but don't you realize what's actually happened within the clan?" Sasuke's blank expression made Fumiko sighed. "Once you find the answer, come find me, little brother."

With that, Fumiko body flickered away. She left her broken brother on his own thought.

*