Tiga puluh tiga

Before we start.... I'm so sorry it took me more than a month to write this one. Can't say I'm proud of this chapter either, but I tried my best in between my work schedules. Squeezing the time to write this down while thinking of tons of work I haven't finished yet is not easy lol.

Anyway, enjoy the story while it lasts.

Chapter 33

Sasuke watched intently as Karin infusing her chakra into Fumiko. The older girl slowly opened her eyes, looking directly to the ceiling half-lidded. She did not bother to recognize her surroundings when she lifted her right arm. She noticed the absence of her arm, making her chuckled bitterly.

"Fumiko." Sasuke decided to open his mouth.

When he thought Fumiko did not hear him, she finally responded by a hum.

"I know the truth now." He snarled. "Isn't that what you've been hinting me with? That the one behind all of this is Danzo—why can't you just tell me directly?! Do you know how hard it is for me to blame everything to my big brother because you decided to not tell me what had occurred?!"

Fumiko let out a weak scoff. After all this time, all Sasuke ever care was about himself.

Offended by the girl's reaction, Sasuke sprung forward and lunged at his sister. Fumiko did not fight him back, letting him throwing a hard punch on her face. The older Uchiha could feel her mouth ripped and blood flooded her chin. Her body froze in shock before she leaned over and throwing up more blood. Sasuke's eyes went wide seeing how much blood coming out of her face. It looked too gore even for him.

It was then Sasuke paid attention to his sister's complexion, not only glaring the hell out of her soul. Fumiko was on her left, crouching as her only hand gripped her stomach tightly, with the remaining of her right arm hanging around her chest. Her skin was pale, it looked greyish transparent. Sasuke also noticed how much smaller and bonier his sister was. Usually, her cheekbones were not that apparent, but now, it was almost like her whole face was her cheekbones only. Her eyebags were no longer dark—it was purplish black. Suddenly, Sasuke lost all of his anger.

"W-what is wrong with you?" He whispered, letting go of his sister's top.

"Sasuke-kun," Karin said sadly, "she doesn't have long. I'm sorry."

If Sasuke could describe what he felt, it felt like suddenly all of her muscles froze but at the same time it felt like they were jellies—ready to fall apart anytime. His breath hitched before he looked at Karin in disbelief.

"What the hell are you on about?"

"She's been sick for years." The orange mask man suddenly stood beside the operating bed below Fumiko. He gently took her hair into his fist, so it would not get even dirtier. "That's why she didn't bother to do anything about you. Just like how Itachi's focus was to let you gain the Mangekyo sharingan, Fumiko-sama's only focus is to ensure your brother's safety and cleared his name. The question is... why?"

Sasuke frowned for a second before widened his eyes. Suddenly, flashbacks on what Fumiko had told him appeared on his mind.

"Because that's what I've been taught." Fumiko replied harshly to Naruto when he yelled at her for killing. "While Sasuke was playing house with mother at home, my father would beat the shit out of me if I were not perfect in doing my trainings or missions."

"Sometimes," Fumiko flashed her sharingan towards her mother at their last dinnertime. "I wonder whether I'm even your child or not. You've never cared for me like you did Sasuke. And... I hate you for that."