-(14)-

I watched as she threw up again, making sure her hair didn't get into her face

I watched as she threw up again, making sure her hair didn't get into her face. She sat up after a moment and stared at me in shock, hyperventalating faster and faster.

"Mafia?", She whispered in shock as she paled again. I nodded at her slowly as she sat there staring at the wall, acting like everything in her head had just turned off.

"That's why mum left isn't it, to protect us from them. Holy shit. I know why mum hated you. Our eyes. I have mums meaning you must have fathers. She had to run for us, and she hated you to make her feel better, as you reminded her of father, its the only logical reason. I mean its a stupid reason, but still it might be true.", She rambled on. She took me by surprise, I didnt realise that she was this smart. Maybe she just wasnt good at the academic stuff. But she was insensitive. She didn't realise saying they hated me because of our father would hurt. I mean after all she was the princess.

I sat there thinking, maybe she was right, maybe mum hated the fact that I was like a reminder for her. She still wanted to protect me from them, there had to be a reason. I had to find out no matter what, what was the huge reason she ran?

I was pulled into reality when Everly waved her hands in my face, hers still pale as can be.

"You have to be calm Eve, I dont think they will ever hurt us, but I have a feeling that they would never let us leave if they didn't want us too. I have good friends who would help us if we ever needed it. I know alot of other people too who will help us get away. I promise I will protect you if you feel unsafe from them.", I said with my hands around her face. She nodded slowly, letting the information process, tucking a strand of her hair behind her face as she let a lone tear fall down her face.

We then heard a loud knock on the door, making us both jump in surprise. We both ran to the bed and layed down pretending we were on the laptop, but Eve was clutching onto my hand, her grip causing my hand to go bright red.

"Come in please", Eve said politely, as I rolled my eyes at her and she shrugged at me, her eyes widened. The door opened to reveal Niccolo with two plates of food on one of hands, one was balancing on his arm. It was pie, mash and peas. It was a posh pie though, and the mash was soft and had no bits in it. 

"Thanks you Niccolo.", Eve said with a smile as we took our food and rested it onto a pillow on the bed.

"No problem girls, I will tell Mason and Raf that you guys are together in your room El, call us if you need anything. Mason and Raf have some business and we need to help them with it, so dont worry about being too loud. Also Mason wants to talk to you tommorow morning right after breakfast as he didnt do it after we cancelled the shopping trip.", He said and left the room abruptly, both of us letting out a sigh of relief.

Eve ate all hers in about half an hour, whereas I had just finished the mash and had eaten some of the pie. I gave her the rest of mine as she loved the pie, I still haven't got that big of an appetite yet, but I know that it was growing. We both shopped for clothes and bits for our room. I also ordered some stuff to for painting, and Eve ordered a set of books about vampires or something. I rolled my eyes at her when she did that.

When we were done, we pressed check out. 

Holy shit, £7,893.

 Oh well, I guess we could pay them back, they were the mafia after all, they had all the money they could ever want, and they could easily get more if they wanted to. 

We got our plates and headed downstairs, making sure to tell Eve to stay calm and make it seem like nothing was wrong. We were meeted with all the boys sat at the table whispering about something, but they stopped when they noticed me and Eve. She moved closer to me unintentially. 

"Sorry to interupt the gossip, we were just bringing our plates down.", I say to them. They all nod and wait for us to put out plates in the sink. I washed the plates as Eve sat on the counter, both of us in silence as the boys just watched us for a few seconds, before Mason finally spoke up.

"Did you get everything you guys needed?", Mason asked us in a strict but suspicous tone, obviously confused on why we were getting along so well. We both just nodded at him, before giving eachother a quick side glance.

"Girls sit down, we are going to discuss some rules, I think its time instead of breakfast tommorow.", He said in a business type way as he motioned us to sit infront of them, as they all sat on one side with Mason sat central. 

Eve looked like she was about to throw up as she went a cold plae colour, I just hoped that she could last before crying and spilling everything I just told her.

We both sat down, with Eve looking full of nerves, whereas I was a stone wall, not portraying any emotion towards them, just like usual. Its not like I just saw one of them covered in blood, nope I just saw two. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I came in and there was a dead body on the floor.

"So here are the rules:

1. Behave and repects your brothers, all of them, and do everything they ask for the first time. No eye rolling, No arguments and no backchat. Sarcasm is also not liked nor wanted."

I scoffed at that, which earned me a glare from Mason. I mean, it was like second nature.

"2. No going to the third floor, Its my house therefore my rules.", He said, stopping and glancing at us with a sharp stare as we both just looked back at him with confusion.

Now this made me curious, this was probably where they did all their business and stuff like that. It would probably be a great place to start, to figure out what exactly made mum freak the fuck out, it might just of been the fact they were in the mafia, but from what I knew about her, she liked hurting people, so why would she run?

I didnt even bother finishing the rules, as I stood up and tried to walk about, laughing as I did.

Keyword once more: Tried.

I heard Mason stand up and swfitly run over to me, in which he used his hand to pull me by my waist, which made him dig into my ribs. I screamed out it pain as I couldn't keep it in this time, it just hurt too much. Those pain killers effects were long gone now, all I could feel is pain.

He let me go instantly as he looked at me in worry and concern, so did my other brothers. I looked around like a deer in headlights as I saw Eve try to conceal a smirk but it was evident she was.

She knew I was going to get caught, and she liked that she was going to be the favourite once they find out how broken I am.

So I did the only thing I was good at, I ran.

--------------------------

EDITED!