||32||

Christian
"Great game,man," Adrian gives a handshake and we walk out the tennis court.

"Any plans from here?"
"I'll just be heading home. Imani might stop by after work,I'm not sure," we're now standing by the boot of my car.
"Well if you want to play again you can always at your boy," he chuckles lightly.

"Yeah um... about Saturday," Adrian's countenance changes, almost as though he doesn't want me to unbox the topic just yet.

I'll say my piece either way.

"I don't-" I halt briefly to scan our surroundings, making sure there isn't any wandering ear, "I'm not over my father's passing. And with the way I reacted that evening, I feel as though I wasn't as prepared for this place the way I predicted,"

"Let me finish," I stop him just as he opens his mouth to speak.
"I want to return to England. For a few weeks maybe? I need to get my mind right because I've been masking it with the calm-and-collected charade,"

Adrian takes a moment to savor my decision, letting out a soft sigh.
"Ok... before you attack my judgment, I just want you to know that I support you with whatever, right?"

I nod yes and he continues, arms crossed.

"If you feel this trip is worth it, go for it. If you need space to think things over and meet your mother, all that good stuff then sure, do so. However, now that Imani is in the picture you need to let her know. I know you're telling me this so you go unnoticed but this isn't like back then where you can make one-man decisions. She will know eventually,"

I nod again in acknowledgment of what he's saying. The way I had been behaving with Imani when I felt overwhelmed; stepping away from situations and isolating myself, this is no different. I do plan on taking time to get my head right with the way I've been triggered easily over the mention of my father. It's been years of little to no improvement in moving on, and though I tell myself I'm alright, it takes one statement to make me relapse.

"I hear you," my head lowers for a moment, staring at the ground.
"That's good. Think this over, alright man? Don't make decisions too quickly,"
"I understand,"
"Also, you're a good guy. I know you left England to free yourself from the constant reminders of your father, there's no charade there. You made it through changing setting, now heal,"

We embrace each other and he waves goodbye, walking to his car.

It's currently 1300hrs and I'm home in time to freshen up. Once that is sorted I fix something to eat while I work.
Lately I've been working from home and only visit sites when necessary. I haven't informed Imani on these changes since our return from her home country, but it's not that big of a deal... or so I hope.

My phone lights up, a message from her.

New Message
Imani: Knocking off early today.😁 Also check these from Logan Square incase you haven't.
Imani: [Photo]
Imani: [Photo]

I can't help but smile at the photos, even though it's just business I admire the thought of sending them.
I type a quick response to the message when an incoming call interrupts.

"Lilly,"
"You have someone here to see you. I suggest you get here," she says into the device.
"Is it urgent?"
"It might be," I nod at how nonchalant her tone is, but I give in either way.
"I'm on my way,"