||20||

And so it continues, my single life without an official breakup.

Wait, so if we did this for Lilly, and now everyone knows we're a couple, what now? What next, since Mr Perfect is in his attitude bubble over Valentine's?

This is draining my energy and last night with the girls didn't even help. Ofcourse they tried making me flirt with some guy who kept being too nice, way too nice. The nice that even Christian wouldn't do...

I'm trying to get my mind off of him. The asshole...

He can't even take time out to talk things through, instead he walks off and suddenly acts so damn cold at the site.

My phone rings, dissolving my thoughts and I find my mother's name flash on the screen.

"Mama,"
"What is this nonsense that I'm hearing about you and a white man, Imani?!" her voice is filled with fury.

Standing ovation for the world's greatest jackass ladies and gentlemen; James Kagan! And a cum laude for my close minded traditional African parents as well!

"Ima, I have told you the culture of our tribe! What rubbish are you doing now trying to get yourself involved with someone who is not even in your clan?!"
"You're overreacting, mama,"

"Overrea-! Hold on you talk to your father," there's shuffling noises before his deep voice is heard through the device.

"Imani, what are you doing? Have your mother and I not taught you our custom? Atleast if you had someone who is from this country, we could understand," he sounds calm yet firm as my mother chatters in the background and I'm holding myself from not clicking the red button on my screen to shut the both of them up.

"Dad, I understand that. But does it mean that I'm not to love someone who is not from our home?"

Love...is that it? No, I'm just stating that for argument's sake.

I don't love Christian.
I don't love Christian... I... I...-

"Imani, please let's not go over this with you again. We told you about how we cannot wait for you to get married, but here you are doing the unimaginable!" My mother's voice can be heard loudly from afar.
"Mama, but I'm in love! And forcing me to stick to norms like as this is completely unfair. Allow me to be at liberty to love this man,"I feel my heart racing and my eyes swelled up with tears.

Ending the call after more conversing , one thing is official...I love Christian.

× × ×

I step out the car slowly and approach the barred gate.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," I groan to myself and look on both sides of the gate.

What kind of yard is this that doesn't even have a freaking bell by the gate?! No buttons, nothing!

I grab my keys from my pocket and hit the metal bar of the gate repeatedly.

"Hello?! Is anyone here?!" I shout, no response.

Maybe you're wondering why I'm not giving him a call. Well, isn't it obvious? That I don't want to be too much and start calling him, texting him like some desperate romantic! I'm not about that life.

The door creaks and I notice it open slowly, Christian's muscular build visible as he steps out.

"Open the gate... please!" my voice cracks at the end.