||40||

A/N
A Young Playlist For This Chapter
Wizkid - Anoti
Wizkid - Ginger ft. Burna Boy
Burna Boy - Onyeka Baby
Tilla - Mawobe
Chip Charlez - Searching for My Love
NSG - Petite
Flavour- Levels
Enjoy! 🤎

"International Slay mama!Stunt on us, the original Beyoncé!"

Owami is such a character. I think they should drop the current MC for Kenya's wedding and hire her instead.

Hannah has her camera in hand and does a 360 on Kenya, praising our baddie in all her glory clad in an African theme dress. She has a feathered fan in hand and flaunts it for effect. I'm loving every minute of this.

So it is Kenya's big day- or big weekend. I couldn't wait any longer because it's been months!

I'm happy for her and that we got to spend the evening with her during our party for three- two days ago as planned.

We had decorations and party dresses all in shades of brown. There was wine, cake, chocolate, chilli dishes and snacks and more wine because we're whorez like that. We decided to pull up to the house in trench coats for effect, people needed to know why a baddie was pulling up at an apartment complex in black shades, a trench coat and sexy heels because why not?
We got to talk and unwind and just be ourselves one last time. I know Kenya constantly reminds us that we can still be the wild women of the west with her ring on her finger but it was necessary to acknowledge that moment with us before being a married woman- officially.

Back to the present, the wedding proceedings are immaculate. We make a grand entrance once the MC announces the bride's arrival and I marvel the beauty of the place, just the way Kenya had imagined for her traditional wedding.

Once seated, I make sure to take a few pictures and send to my dad.

The bridesmaids are seated opposite the groomsmen, divided by the altar where the pastor is. I notice Christian seated across, dressed in an African print attire like the rest of the men that side and mm- he looks fine and divine. He turns in my direction and it feels like he knew someone was looking at him. We gaze into each other's eyes briefly before he gives a quick wink and we break our contact.

I never imagined him dressed up like that but I love the look nonetheless. I snap out of my thought because I know I'll soon start daydreaming here, it's bad enough that my body is heating up.

Inasmuch as it's a cultural wedding, there's still the moment for the exchange of vows, which is in progress. I catch Hannah tearing up and I don't blame her, I'm doing the same.Next is the exchange of wedding rings and we bow our heads to pray for the couple. I feel Hannah's hand lace with mine and its so heartfelt, this is really happening.

And now for the magic words from the pastor, "...I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mr Keita, kiss your bride now," he teases in his thick accent, laughter and cheering erupts in the room.

I document all this and stop the recording at some point to scream my lungs out, overjoyed.
***
The day is going exceptionally well so far. From the celebration session of the newly weds to the food and we can't forget the aunties that show of fire dance moves with their strong knees. As usual I'm the first to take a seat after all the dancing, unfortunately you can't convince me otherwise when my Megan knees are tired. I have no option.