||15||

February, the month of love, so is Hannah's birthday and preparations for Kenya's wedding that's slowly approaching.

I arrive at Khale earlier than usual today and Wendy isn't in.

Which is okay because I came prepared with my mini flask of coffee and work to keep me occupied.

The office is terribly quiet but I get on by with what I'm doing til it's alive with activity.

"Good morning, ma'am," Wendy walks in with a cup of coffee.
"Thank you, Wendy. Good morning to you too," I bring the cup to my lips when my phone rings.

"Yes?"
"You should be wondering why your mother hasn't said shit about you and your white man, Imani," the voice on the other end says nonchalantly.
"Wow, ok. And what, I'll die if you do?" I ask in the same tone.

"Oh, I don't know. You're infamous for being a rebel, everyone back home knows about the Yané's having one child that chose to live high and wild abroad," his laugh today is both evil and annoying, but he's trying hey?

"James, truth be told, you're an ass. And I don't need a man like yourself to be my parent's messenger, I can tell them just about everything going on in my life without a spokesman," I lay everything out there.

"Let's go for lunch today, maybe we can find middle ground," the nerve of him to even suggest it is just- shocking.
"Luh-Mao!"I scoff, "Middle ground? Goodbye, James," I end the call and return to my work.

× × ×

"So girls, its February! That means countdown to Hannah's birthday! " Kenya hypes the table and we raise our glasses at the jazz club we love so much.

"I really think we should start bringing our men down here," Hannah plays with the umbrella in her glass.

"But that will ruin the essence of our girl's night," I point out.
"Oh please. We all have men at this point, don't act like yours doesn't exist," Kenya teases.
"Ha...ha, get off my case," I swat at her with each word.

"You just can't give Christian a chance, can you?" she asks.
"Well..." My nose wrinkles at her question.

Would it be a good time to break it down to my bestfriends about him and I,now?

"You know what, fine. If you won't have him then we'll give him over to somebody else," she putters before taking a sip of her drink.

"What?" I gape.
"Well we did say we'd help you out,remember?" Hannah gives me a 'duh' look.
"Like you have even been of much help," I scoff.
"Well, I do know he has a great personality and a good heart," she states.

"Well good luck giving him off to someone else," I blurt.

Wait...damn.

"What?" Hannah and Kenya ask in unison.

Cats out the bag, might as well...or not. Let's just see how far this goes.

"I mean, you two are so good at matchmaking so goodluck," I shrug.
"No,no. Imani, you are implying something else," Kenya leans closer.

Damnit, Kenya is just too good...for her own good!

"Fine," I take in a deep breath, I'll need it, "See, Chr-"

"Ladies," a deep and familiar voice interrupts us.

"Wow," Hannah mumbles.
"I didn't know you ladies go out to such places, It's very nice to see you here,"