||8||

My head throbs slightly from all the wine I had the night before. The time reads 06:36, not that late.

I sit up and realise I'm not in my bed,but on the couch. There's two empty bottles on the coffee table, and across is Christian who's still asleep.

Christian?!

I pad across the room and stare at his glimmering eyelids. How in the world does one get such eyelids?!
Plus I think his eyelashes are alot, this isn't human at all. But then his dark bushy eyebrows are drop dead gorgeous, infact they compliment his entire face, even his plump lips.

Mm,mmm-

No Imani, hold yourself.

He stirs a bit and I jolt, stepping on a large shoe-could only be his. My ankle twists and in an instant I crash on his feet, a yelp escaping my mouth.

"Imani?" He sits up and leans over to pick me.
"No, I'm fine," I groan.
"For goodness sake, Imani, accept that you need help," he retorts.

My face turned from pitiful looking to annoyed.

"It's not like you're going to do anything to alleviate the pain, Christian," I argue.
"You're so quick to conclude things," he frowns.
"Well that's because I know how most things will turn out," I raise my voice.
"You haven't even tried," he sighs.

Well that took a different turn.

"Leave me alone," I massage my ankle and before I know it, my body is swooped from the ground and onto his lap.

I froze as he stands from the couch, carrying me into the bathroom.

"P-put me down," I stutter.
"Ok," he sits me down on the edge of the bathtub. "Where do you keep your towels?"

I point to the drawer under the bathroom sink, and he takes one out before letting it run under the hot water.

"Raise your leg a bit," he crouches and my calf rests on his knee as he pressed the hot towel on my sprained ankle.

"Thanks," I mutter.
"It's alright," he doesn't look at me, instead continues to press my foot with the towel.

"Do you have any ointment I can use?" he asks, gently placing my leg on the cold tile floor.
"Cabinet over the sink, it's a blue tube," I say quietly.

He opens the small door and grabs the tube, walking back to the bathtub.

"Christian,"
"Yes, Imani," he looks up at me and there's an urge growing inside of me to apologize for how I reacted earlier on... but I couldn't do it, I just couldn't.

"You look tired,"I bite my bottom lip.
"It's alright. I um... I'll just head home after this and rest a bit,"

He lifts my leg again, rubbing the ointment in circular motion over my ankle and all the way to my knee, repeating this action to my calf as well.

"You're good at this," I say quietly.
"Thank you," he says in the same tone.
"Have you been massaging people often?"
"Only my mother," he sighs.

"Oh,"
"Is your ankle feeling any better?" he asks, and I move my foot around to make sure.
"Yes, I think it'll be able to take me to work," I laugh softly and stand from the tub.

"I better get going," he tightens the cap of the blue tube and puts it back in the cabinet, walking out of the bathroom.

I follow him into the living room where he folds the blankets before taking a seat to put his shoes on.

"I'll see you at the meeting with Logan?" He stands at the door.
"Sure, see you there," I nod.

Do I get a hug? Kiss on the forehead, like in the movies?