||39||

I wake up to a throbbing headache. The room feels extra bright and I try to register my surroundings for a good minute. I know for a fact I'm not home but damn, where the hell am I?

The room is white with mahogany like furniture and fern plants around. I sit up and run a hand over my head, my wig is still on thankfully. But my body... I'm in what looks like a dress shirt that's twice my size and was probably put on me backwards?

I rub my eyes and step out the bed, looking around the room and notice a door leading to a bathroom. After freshening up the best way I can, I walk out the room and it dawns on me as to where I was. The corridor was all too familiar, like the house I'd been in with Christian before. I hear the door behind me open and it's a familiar face, one of Adrian's friends.

"Seun?" my face scrunches.
"Imani, you're up," he walks over to hug me, "last night was a mess but I'm glad you're okay now."
"A mess? How?" I'm confused.
"Let's get you to the kitchen where everybody else is."

We walk in to find Hannah taking Advil while Kenya and Adrian are in the lounge, they appear to be asleep.

"What happened last night?" I ask Seun who is now taking a glass of water I'm guessing. Everything around me at this point is still fuzzy to be honest.

"Please,please, please," Hannah's voice is hoarse as she stops me, making a hushing sound so we tone it down. She most probably got just as drunk as I did because that's the only explanation.
Seun hands me some painkillers to which I thank him, he doesn't look affected at all so my guess is he didn't get drunk.

But then the real question is, how did we get drunk? As far as I can remember, we had a couple glasses of wine after I walked out on Christian.

Christian... where is he?

I walk away from everyone else and wonder why what happened the night before had to happen. I'm starting to think we got drunk for fun but I knew why I wanted to get drunk. After having seen Christian in the kitchen and realizing I had nothing to say to him, I walked off to get my mind off of him.

So yeah, I'm walking into the corridor and I don't know if what I'm doing is the right thing but I do know that I want to see him.
This feels so dejavu, checking each door to find him. It clicks that the last time he was in the study, and I walk there but I stop at the door.

Why am I doing this?

I shake my head and decide to walk away. Maybe we shouldn't talk. Besides, I'd be pushing things.

I'm back in the room I was in and I find my phone by my bed; dozens of messages and missed calls from my dad. I let him know I'm okay and apologize for not communicating.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I notice my clothes are nowhere in sight. This day is just getting awkward by the second because how are they not here?

There's a knock on the door that vaporizes my thoughts.

"Yes," I answer and it creaks open. I try controlling my breaths as the body emerges and walks towards the bed.

He has a basket in hand, placing it on the ground and I notice my clothes from the night before.

"Good morning," he finally speaks. His tone is softer, inviting,no formalities whatsoever. I like it.
"Good morning," I sigh.
"You threw up on your suit," he answers my thoughts from earlier.
"Makes sense,"I respond.

We stay there in silence and he walks closer and sits next to me. I don't know why this is happening so I resort to fixing my eyes on the floor.

"Thank you..." I say genuinely, "for the suit."
"No pressure," my eyes are still glued to the floor and I notice him playing with his hands.