||22||

Maybe I asked the wrong question, or I had asked too soon.

Christian walks to the sink, his eyes lowered and dark, I could feel a wave of gloom as I watch him wipe his hands.

My torso is still bare, and I try to make him aware that I really need something with arms to cover me up!

I'm currently between getting to the bottom of his sudden change of mood and my arms shielding my full chest, I'm stuck.

"Ok, could you atleast find me a T-shirt?" I blurt out.

He turns and then understands my desperation. I follow him out the door and into another room with a neatly made bed  and desk at the corner of the room.

"Christian, please what is going on? You're not alright, I can tell," I chose my words carefully. The whole corny 'are you okay?' certainly won't get this anywhere.

He hands me a large baby blue sweater and black sweatpants to change into.

"I'll excuse you," he says through his teeth and walks out the door.

-
Once fully clothed, I walk out the door to find the room with my bag, clothes and shoes. I know for a fact there will be some reminder on my phone from my parents concerning my return to meet them.

Then there's Christian to look for in this huge house.

Dammit.

I try to recall the door to the hot tub as I walk in the isle of the corridor, they all look the same after all.

A crashing sound is heard from behind me and I know it must be where Christian is. I run back and search for the room with a wave of panick.

"Christian? Christian, where are you?!" I shake each doorknob aggressively than the one before it until I reach a locked door.

"I'm in here,"

I follow his voice and walk into a study, finding him seated on a couch which wasn't covered in white cloth like the rest of the furniture in the room, a lampstand on the floor. It must be what had caused the sound.

I walk to him slowly, and sit next to him. His head rests in his hands, massaging  the sides of his temples.

"Christian," I whisper, and my hand is on his back, rubbing it in circular motion. "Talk to me, please,"

He says nothing, and instead moves closer to me in a matter of seconds. His hands wrap themselves round my waist and nudges into my neck.

"Hey, it's ok," I coo, patting his head softly and I hear his breath escalate.

We stay in that position for a while until the only thing left is silence.

"Imani?"
"I'm here," I look into his eyes as he lifts his head,
" I... this is pathetic. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did, I'm not in my right state of mind right now ,"
"It's okay, Christian... do you want to talk about it?"

×××

"You're a bastard! A hypocrite!"
"Honey, what's going on?"

"Get out,Dan,"
"Now, wait a minute, you can't cause a scene in the living room like this for no reason,"
"I'll tell you once he leaves,"

"Leaves? Oh I'm not the one leaving,"
"What?"

"Robert!"
"Dan, leave!"
"Not until you give me my share, Robert! You take my ideas,an-You knew my position and you took it away! You just take!"
"We both made pitches what the hell are you talking about?!"