||11||

"Imani!"

Why the hell don't my friends ever call before visiting?!

"Is that Kenya?" Christian chuckles.
"Yes, damnit! Act normal,"I fist his chest before standing from the couch.

"Wait," he pulls me back to him and pecks my lips one last time.

"Act normal," I mouth the words as the door opens.
"Hey girl!" she leaps in for a hug and walks past me, " I need help with someth- I knew Christian was here! Hey," she skips into the living room and sits in the couch closest to the TV.

"Hey, Kenya," he greets her.
"Wait so where's Imani's car?"
"It's at Khale," I interject. "He offered to drop me here,"
"Oh?" she looks to Christian who just nods in agreement.

"So, what do you need help with?" I change the subject.
"Well, February is already approaching and you know what that means," she smirks.

Hannah's birthday.

"Valentine's?" Christian guesses.
"Oh gosh," roll my eyes at him.
"Actually that too, but first we're celebrating Hannah's birthday. So, we want to go big on this one," she says excitedly.

"So what do you have in mind?" I ask.
"We have it at a hotel rooftop," she squeals.
"Wow," Christian says amused.
"And how will it go about?" I rest my chin on one hand.
"Well, I have these pictures so you see the designs I had in mind: Night life, since she's a night life type of girl,"

"These look good," Christian praises.
"I know," I add.

"Ouu, maybe you and Christian can check out the hotels to pick," Kenya beams.
"Kenya..."
"That's sounds like a plan," he replies, still looking through the pictures.

Gosh I wish I could hit him with my shoe!

"You're a lifesaver, man. I will make a list on all the things necessary for the party, and Imani figure out if it's possible to have the rooftop all through the night,yeah?
"No guest list, right?" I ask.

"Mh, nah. We don't need alot of people," she grabs her bag and stands. "Well, we'll talk about this more until her birthday arrives. I cannot wait!"

I escort her outside as she unlocks her car.

"You know, I see you and Christian are getting kinda close," she nudges me.
"Lol, it just so happens that we crossed paths today when I was done with work and-"
"Yeah,yeah. I know you two have something going on behind closed doors,"

Actually...

"You wish!" I scoff.

"I'll see you at the girl's night out, ok. I love you," she starts the car.
"I love you too," I say louder over the noise from her large car.

Christian is still admiring the pictures once I return, and I sit next to him.

"So you really want to do this?" I ask while looking at one of the pictures with neon lights hanging from the ceiling.

"It will be fun, Imani. Do you even know what fun is?" he laughs.
"Ha...ha. Christian, I need to get to bed soon," I yawn, untying my hair to release my untamed afro.
"Wow," he says breathlessly.
"I know, don't remind me. I know my hair looks 'dry'," I air quote.
"No, your hair is beautiful," he smiles, cupping my cheek. "I should go now," he whispers, drawing closer to kiss me one last time.

"Goodnight, Imani."

× × ×

"Ladies!" Hannah and I squeal as Kenya approach us.
"Why do you have a court dress on?" Hannah rolls her eyes til her pupil is hardly visible.
"This isn't a court dress. It's a party dress," she sways her hips.
"Yasss, girl!" I give her a high five.