0.2

"Sweetheart, there was nothing you could have done" She exclaimed kneeling down so they were at a better height

"Sweetheart, there was nothing you could have done" She exclaimed kneeling down so they were at a better height. He held her close breathing the calming ocean sent she emitted. The ocean was their home. Whenever they needed to get away the beach was always there. 

Releasing Harry, she took a step back to observe the boy. His hair really needed some trimming and he definitely needs to eat some more. His uniform was a mess and his arm bandaged. His face was covered in dirt and dry tear marks. His green eyes, now red and irritated. 

"Mama, I want to go home" he claimed softly as he leaned into her. He hadn't seen his mother in so long. A secret fact was that Harry was a sucker for physical affection. Hugging, cuddling, holding hands were all favourites of his. 

"Of course baby" she sighed. Things were going to change now and she wasn't sure she wanted them to. She herself was struggling to keep her little boy happy. Nightmares plagued his dreams and his smile dimmed slightly. 

Finally noticing the audience around her, she looked up and offered a small hesitant smile. As if noticing the loss of attention, Harry turns to look at everyone with his hand in hers. He too offered a sheepish smile. 

"Harry, I do believe we have some things to discuss" Remus stated glancing between the two. Their closeness was undeniable, they attracted each other in a crowded room. Like magnets. Offering his assistance he helped Harry onto the bed. 

"So where do we start?" Fred uttered after a moment of silence. Deciding to take charge she started the explaining from the start.

"I'm Emery. I've been looking after Harry since he was around a year old." she reminisced, he was so small then. His scar was what intrigued her and the letter that was placed there of course. 

"How did he end up in your care?" Dumbledore questioned. He left Harry in front of Number 4 Privett Drive, nowhere else. 

"Yeah, turns out leaving babies in front of doors doesn't ensure that they're actually let in. The Dursleys never took him inside. You left when you saw them take the baby inside, but the second you were gone he was back outside. I happened to be walking home and I came across him, I couldn't just leave him there so I took him with me and raised him as my own." She commented, smiling down at Harry. 

The room was silent. You could feel the anger emitting of Sirius, who was lurking in the shadows. Remus too was frustrated, where was the guarantee that their friend's son wouldn't be put to any harm. 

"Thank you." 

The room turned to him in surprise. He paid no mind to them. Sirius Black was forever grateful for the relationship that this woman had given his godson. Of course, deep down he yearned that he could have provided the kid with a love that could rival theirs, but the woman, Emery, clearly held a safe spot in his heart. 

"Sirius..." Harry muttered slowly moving away from his mother towards Sirius. Pulling him into a hug, he buried his head into his chest, hearing the gentle pounding of his heart. It was a truly beautiful moment, family finally understanding. 

"Harry this cannot continue. The Dursleys will keep you safe. You must return to their care" Dumbledore uttered, smoothing out his face to keep an emotionless facade. 

The heat in the room dropped to an icy level, you could see small bits of frost clinging onto the window. The lights slowly flickered before cracking under pressure. It was similar to how a dementor felt. Icy, cold and devastatingly scary. 

"W-what" Harry whispered, slowly pulling away from Sirius, backing away from the cautiously. No one was going to take him. He glanced cautiously to see his father's old friends looking at him incredulously. 

"Why, they seem to be fine" Remus stated. 

"Harry is under no protection, he might be attacked under the care of someone with magic. It's best he returns to the muggles care" Dumbledore tutted, slowly standing up and walking towards Harry, who was slowly backed into his mother. 

"Sit down old man," she said, her voice was clear. Powerful. Immediately Dumbledore was blasted into one of the hospital beds. She stood straight, her hand resting on Harry's shoulder, assessing the rest of the crowd for any further imbeciles. 

"Harry will remain with me" she declared. Her eyes flicked to a beautiful gold colour. The room grew quiet. Gold eyes were something they'd never see before and stunningly they were staring right back at each of them. 

"If anyone else has anything else to say, now's your chance" she stated, moving her eyes over everyone present. 

"Well, if Harry is staying under magical care shouldn't he be placed back with Sirius. Sirius is, after all, his godfather" Molly quipped. This time no one spoke. Technically speaking, he could return to Sirius's care. 

"I don't think that's possible" Emery hissed. Before more could be said, Harry placed his hand on top of his mother's. She glanced at him before sighing lowly. 

"Why are all your friend's losers" she muttered 

"They are not mama!" Harry cried in outrage

"They so are, that's probably why you're getting in trouble every year" 

"Mama!"

"Fine, sorry" Emery muttered.

The others all gasped in silent wonder. That was not English whatsoever. Harry and Voldermort were the only two people still alive who could speak parseltongue. 

"Sirius, I'd love to stay with you, but I'd like to remain with my mother," Harry mumbled. 

Emery glanced at his reaction. She could tell his words hurt, the way his posture stiffened and the way his hands slowly curled from their relaxed position. 

"I think we should head home" Emery stated, slowly glancing down at Harry. He smiled at her reassuring her that he was alright. 

"I'll see you all next year" Harry cheered, giving all the individuals in the room hugs, except his professors of course. 

"See you next year pup," Sirius remarked. 

"Bye everyone" Harry smiled. They exited the hospital wing preparing for the next year of trouble.