Chapter VI

It had become a normal thing to wake up and find Emery snoozing on Sirius, while he threaded his fingers through her hair

It had become a normal thing to wake up and find Emery snoozing on Sirius, while he threaded his fingers through her hair. They were often together. They shared the same bad habits and Sirius was always interested in Harry's childhood. Harry joined them often but late at night they'd sit together and enjoy each others company before Harry trudged downstairs for comfort. 

One morning, around 10 in the morning. Emery was dressed and ready to go, she had a basket in her hand a lovely blue dress on. It matched well with her eyes, it looks as if it were made of silk. 

"Where are you headed off to?" Sirius questioned.

"I wanna go to a bakery" she claimed. It was a rather odd request. A bakery. 

"There's one a few blocks away" Sirius reminisced. Whenever he was lucky, he'd sneak off to try so many different muggle treats. Sometimes bringing some home for Regulus to enjoy. 

"Harry!" Emery yelled. Harry came skipping down the steps before glancing at the basket. In question, her turned his head towards her and watched as she nodded her head. 

Harry almost sprint out the door if it weren't for Remus who was standing guard. 

"Oh come on Remmy-kins. We're not even going that far. Sirius will be there with us" she cooed. Remus rolled his eyes at her. The two had grown close, Remus of course, taking the role of the overprotective father.

"There are death eaters looking for Harry right this second" Remus frowned. They knew very well the consequences. 

"I know that. But Harry shouldn't have to stay inside all the time, we'll be back in half an hour. Promise" 

Remus was close to accepting. But Harry decided that he had input that was valuable. 

"I wouldn't trust her, she doesn't keep her promises" he commented. 

"Harry James Potter. That was 6 years ago, get over it" she shrieked. 

"What happened this time" Remus sighed, pinching the bridge between his nose

"Harry was throwing a fit in the shops, so I told him I'd buy him a croissant. It was the only way he'd shut up." she narrowed her eyes at him. 

"But you never did"

"Moody bitches don't get what they want"

"I'm coming as well then" Remus muttered watching as Emery pumped her fists in the air. Dragging Harry outside she soaked the sunshine. It'd been a while since she was outside in the sun. 

"Lead the way."

The bakery was small and quaint. Adorable to say. Emery ordered all of her and Harry's favourites before asking Remus and Sirius for theirs. Turned out Sirius and her shared the same love for sourdough while Harry and Remus loved Baguettes. They bought an extra loaf of bread and walked down to the creek a few houses away from 12 Grimmauld places. 

Peeling off her shoes, Emery walked into the water until she was knee-high in the water. She watched as the material of her dress soaked the creek water, slowly sticking to her skin. She giggled in joy before dragging Harry into the water too. 

The two of them kicked water at each other before Harry slipped on a weed and fell face forward making Emery snort in laughter, which led to her fall. Both of them were soaked but happy. Remus sat next to Sirius watching as he looked at the duo with a soft smile. 

"You're happy" he muttered. Sirius turned to look at his partner in surprise. He quirked an eyebrow in question. 

"Come on Sirius, everyone's seen the way you look at her," he commented, chuckling when Emery shoved Harry's head underwater. 

"You know, sometimes I find myself imagining that they're actually my family" he commented with a small smile. 

"Oh yeah," Remus smirked. He was honestly glad that his pal had someone with him for the remainder of his days on this planet. 

A moment of silence elapsed between the two friends. They both watched as the two slowly grabbed the extra loaf and breaking off small pieces to feed the ducks down at the creek. 

Sirius watched as Emery nudged a small duckling into the water before sprinkling small bits of bread on the water. He watched as her nose wrinkled every time she felt something touch her leg or the way she smiled softly at her surroundings. 

He watched as Harry chased the mother duck, only to start screaming and running as the duck chased him back. Emery sat on the side laughing her ass off. She took a quick photo of her muggle camera before putting it away. 

Sitting next to Sirius, she wanted as Harry slowly laid his head on the ground near Remus to stare at the sky and point out random shapes with Remus. 

"Want some" a soft voice uttered. A small piece of sourdough was placed in front of him. Picking up the piece he tore it down before chucking it in his mouth. 

"It's beautiful here" Emery murmured. It was true. The creek held so much wildlife and the trees never shaded the sun too much. The grass was wet from morning dew and the soft rush of waves meeting the dirty bank. It was peaceful 

"It really is" Sirius muttered glancing at Emery. 

Emery glanced at Sirius to find him staring straight at her. She could see the small freckles that littered his nose and cheekbones. Barley noticeable from a far but not from their distance. She noticed the shape of his nose and how his lips were pink and unchapped. His eyes were a stunning grey and they reminded her of fog in the clearing. She stared at his face for just as long as he was staring at hers.

The whole world faded from them. Not a word was uttered between the two. They looked into each other eyes, searching for the answers they needed. Searching for the passion. 

Sirius wondered how someone as beautiful and kind as could have ever been created. 

Emery wondered how someone as loyal and true-hearted could even exist. 

They both adored each other and yearned for each other.

But they still had time. For now. 

Gold met grey.