Chapter XV

The day started very tensely

The day started very tensely. She could tell by the atmosphere that surrounded Grimmauld place. Remus had woken up at 6 in the morning before storming out the house to god knows where.

Sirius on the other hand didn't wake up till around noon. Anyone would have assumed that he had the best sleep sleeping that late but in reality, his dreams were plagued with nightmares.

Not nightmares, but memories.

The pain was suffocating. He had awoken at 9 am but laid in bed with no motivation to get up or do anything. He laid and reminisced in the haunted memories until they got so overwhelming he had to go downstairs for a drink.

Emery was downstairs reading a novel that she had read over a billion times. She glanced up at him before pausing when she noticed his expression and body language. He trudged down the stairs without grace and slumped into one of the chairs with a bottle of fire whiskey in front of him.

She watched as she uncorked the bottle before chugging it down ignoring the burn that must have been present. He pulled back before placing his head on the cool wood of the table underneath.

Emery placed her book down before sliding into the chair next to Sirius. The man made no noise to acknowledge her presence. She knew what day it was. Harry had also been down so they had briefly spoken through the two-way mirror they had.

She placed her hand in his scalp before gently massaging. He let out a sigh before attempting to burrow his head further into his arms.

A moment of silence elapsed them. Sirius wanted someone to talk, he wanted to suffer in silence because it was what he was used to. He never openly talked about how he felt on this day and never made a point to tell anyone.

"Wanna talk about it?" Emery questioned gently. She received a slight shake of the head in return.

Sirius sat back up before reaching towards the whiskey bottle and downing some more. Emery could see the tears in his eyes but made no move to tell him.

She understood the pain of losing loved ones. She wasn't even over the loss of her loved ones so she could in a way understand his pain.

"Tell me about them," she whispered. Sirius turned to look at her in surprise. Normally people would just ask him if he was ok or nag him into talking about his feelings.

He cleared his throat. "Lily was the kindest soul you'd ever meet. She was gorgeous inside and out. She was like a sister to me." His voice cracked as he reminisced.

"And James. James was my brother through thick and thin. He was there for me when I needed him most and never failed to make sure that everyone around him was happy. James liked to live by a code, he used to say it every time we got into detention. 'If you don't do wild things while your young, you won't have nothing to smile about when your older' god if only he could see me now." Sirius muttered staring heavily into the alcohol.