Chapter XIV

Dear Mum,

Dear Mum,

How is everything back home? How is Paddie?  I'd love to say things are about as normal as they should be but they're really not. Despite being back at Hogwarts, I feel more alone than ever. My friends and classmates are turning their backs on me in light of the events that conspired last year. 

Why would I lie? Do I look like the type of person that would stoop down to a level to spew lies about someone's death. Do people really think that lowly of me?

There's a woman here. Her name's Dolores Umbridge. She's a bit of a bitch. Well, ok, I lied she's a huge bitch. She makes me want to ram my head through a wall and if I do end up surviving, please kill me. We are not learning bull crap.

The ministry has become involved in Hogwarts and everything is changing. In DADA, we're no longer allowed to use magic. Please tell me you realise how stupid that is. She's made all these bullshit rules and everything is dwindling, people are losing hope. 

So, I need help. I'm not learning anything in DADA and I should be. I need a plan or idea that'll help me and possibly others learn. 

Regarding my dreams, they've been getting worse. There's this voice at the back of my head and it just whispers the rudest things. I'm scared. I accidentally yelled at Seamus a few days ago and I felt bloody terrible about it after, but I swear it wasn't me. Well, it was me but it wasn't me. You get it? 

Probably not. Anyways I just wanted to check in on my lovely mother and make sure you're not getting lonely without my lovely presence. 

I do hope that you're well and I can't wait to see you at Christmas. 

Love,

Harry

P.S. Dumbledore seems to be withdrawing himself from me and I don't know why. I'm bloody confused half the time because I have no clue what is going on. Can you see if Paddie has any information on the matter. 

____________________________________

Dear Harry, 

Flattery will get you nowhere kid. We're all fine here and Paddie has found a new love for crime shows. We're binging Criminal Minds at the moment. 

If anyone is giving you problems you just tell em that your mother is a crime fanatic. That'll probably scare them off. Don't let their words get to you, my love. You are stronger than any of them and you are more than worthy of more than what they deem you. 

I wish there was something I could do to help, but it appears that I'm not very favoured amongst your head teacher. Paddie knows nothing of the old coot's plans, but he insists that he does everything for a reason. I, on the other hand, think he's just being a dick. But don't take my word for it, I don't know the old man. 

If the ministry has become involved in Hogwarts then sending these letters by an owl is no longer safe. Please use our box from now on. No one can intercept it and no one can open it which means it's pretty safe. 

I personally don't know anyone named Umbridge. But Dolores is such an ugly name, so you're probably right. If you are learning from a textbook you're going to need a way to practice without the bat watching you. 

I do have marvellous ideas but most of them have to do with blasting the women so I won't share. I'm 100% sure that Hermione will come up with something absolutely brilliant and you'll have no trouble learning and teaching ;)

With your dreams, try to ignore the small voice. Whenever it talks to you just tell it to piss off or try to tell it a corny dad joke. It always works with Remus. 

I love you so much and miss you dearly. I cannot wait for Christmas to arrive and for us to be together once more. Please try to keep an eye on Draco, he hasn't replied to any of his mother's owls and she's getting worried. 

I miss you,

Mum 

P.S Sirius told me that Umbridge is a right bitch. Be careful around her, she'll probably do everything in her power to make sure you never see the light of day. If there is anything you wish to tell me, please do. 

____________________________________

Dear Mum, 

You are a bloody genius. You were right. Hermione did find a way and now we're holding a club called Dumbledore's Army. I'm teaching all the kids so there is a certain level of stress but I'm sure that I can do it. 

There is a girl though. Don't go fangirling or squealing about it to Sirius. Her name's Cho and she used to be some friend to Cedric. I do enjoy her company but it's kinda weird you know. Like, I do like her but I don't. 

Anyways, tell Paddie that he isn't allowed to kick down any doors like Derek Morgan. Knowing him, he probably did at some point. 

Oh, I've made another friend. Her name is Luna Lovegood. I don't understand what she's saying half the time but I do love her company a lot. She's calming. She just talks about a lot of things. It's kinda serene in a way. 

Regarding the voice, telling it to be quiet didn't work so I tried the corny dad joke. I don't know how and I don't understand why but it totally worked. The voice was silent and I swore it was peaceful for a little bit. 

Anyways, I do miss you a lot and can't wait for Christmas to occur. 

Love,

Harry

P.S. Tell Moony that I'm going to kill him. I know for a fact that he ate the chocolate that I hid under my bed. 

____________________________________

Dear Harry, 

You're realising that now. I thought we both knew I was a genius. 

I don't know what your intentions are with Cho, but from what I hear I don't think you're very interested in her. In a love sorta way.

Luna on the other hand. Not a bad choice. She seems like a lovely girl and special in her own very way. 

And what do I always tell you. Jokes are good for all circumstances. 

I do miss you loads and I await your return,

Mum

P.S. Paddie already kicked down your room door. Don't worry though, he's fixing it somehow. 

P.S.S. I found your chocolate and I'm eating it right now.