Chapter XIX

Harry would soon have to return to Hogwarts in another 3 days

Harry would soon have to return to Hogwarts in another 3 days. Emery was filled with worry, she was concerned for Harry's health and his wellbeing. The future was nearing and his impending doom was like a weight on her shoulders. She loved Harry more than life itself and she hated that she had to sit like an idle lamb awaiting Voldermort's move.

"Mum, you alright?" Harry questioned, gently nudging her shoulder. She turned to look at him. Harry was always an angelic boy when it came to his appearance. Although his personality was albeit different, he had the looks of an angel and no one could deny it. His hair was black like ink and fell in ringlets of a sort. His green eyes shone eerily like the killing curse but were warm and gentle. He had smile lines near his eyes and light freckles littered his cheekbones and disappeared into his hair.

"With you, always" she murmured pressing a kiss to his forehead gently. Harry smiled softly, closing his eyes as if he were soaking in sunshine. She smiled against his forehead before placing hers on his.

"Promise you'll talk to me" she whispered to him.

"I'm doing it now" he laughed gently.

"Not that sweetheart, I mean when things are bad or before making a decision," Emery stated. She loved Harry but he was always a private boy, even with her.

"I will" he spoke back. A moment of silence elapsed the two before Harry pulled his head back suddenly. Emery looked at him in question.

"What do you mean 'before I make a decision'?" Harry questioned, looking at her incredulously. Emery burst out laughing startling the boy in front of her, who in response, crossed his arms and huffed.

"I'm sorry baby," she snickered, watching as he stared at her trying to fight off the small smile that appeared on his face.

Before more could be stated between the troublesome duo, a load shriek cut of the pair. Racing up the stairs Emery raced down the hallway doubts filling her mind. Was Tom here? Was she too late? Harry was right behind her, how could she protect him?

Emery came to a stop in front of a room and watched as Molly crumpled to the floor, the body of her kids lying dead a couple of feet away from her. Molly let out a sob of sorrow and horror. She was only cleaning the room and had opened the cupboard by mistake. No matter how awful it was, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the scene that laid out in front of her.

"Molly come one" Sirius tried, startling Emery from her haze. She watched as he tried to pull the other women who remained immobile watching the scene in front of her. Emery walked slowly to stand in front of the woman, sheltering her from the boggart.

She watched as the scene changed almost instantly before a young man stood in front of her. She was surprised, she hadn't intended him to be her boggart but couldn't deny the feeling that filled her.

His hair was golden as the sun, shimmering in the dark room. His eyes were a similar blue to hers and looked at her, peering deep within her soul. He looked the same as he did years ago, if not younger and happier. She watched as he glanced around the room before staring directly at her.

She couldn't tear her eyes away from him. She watched as he walked towards her standing a few meters away from where she stood. He stood directly in front of her yet she couldn't look up into his eyes. He was a man of her past and she couldn't let herself get caught in this poisonous cycle.

"Arthur" she whispered softly.

Sirius and Remus both glanced at Molly. Arthur did not look like that at all in their years of Hogwarts so who was this new Arthur?

the man, Arthur, placed his forehead on her forcing her to look into his eyes. Tears trailed down her face as she stared at him.

"You were always pathetic" he whispered into the silence yet she made no move. Harry raised his want to get rid of the thing but stopped when his mother shot her hand out to stop him.

"You could never do anything right. Always whining about how unfortunate your life was and crying over me." He sneered. "You don't deserve to mourn me, you don't even deserve to remember me" he spoke cruelly.

The rest of the group watched as she remained unmoved. She stared at him like he was a ghost and nothing else. There was clearly hurt at his words but she made no move to stop him.

"Arthur" she whispered again, her hand moved out to touch his cheek as if he were real but stopped when the boggart moved backwards.

"Don't touch me," he yelled in outrage. "Look at you trying to live the life you always wanted. You took in the boy because you always wanted a son and you played the happy mother role. I always hated that about you. You always thought that everything revolved around you and that you deserved happiness." he glared towards her like a predator.

"But you don't" he sneered.

"Riddikulus" Remus shouted at the boggart watching as it exploded into nothing. No one said anything and no one moved. Emery froze, her eyes remained planted on the spot Arthur had stood on.

"Mum?" Harry whispered uncertainly. She snapped out of whatever trance she was in and glanced around the room.

"Arthur?" She whispered. It was almost as if she was searching for the man.

"Arthur?" She tried again, this time you could hear a crack in her throat.

Cautiously, Sirius approached Emery wrapping her in a hug. She didn't return it but looked away searching for Arthur.

"Where's he gone?" She whispered out.

"Emery, love, we're all here" Sirius soothed swaying the two of them slightly.

"Make him come back." She cried out, her throat soon filled with heart wrenching sobs that had Harry running out the room.

"Arthur. I'm sorry" she cried out, sobs filling in the silence.

"Shh you're alright" Sirius cooed rubbing her back slowly. She turned her head into his chest sobbing openly in anguish.

Sirius was silent watching as she slowly calmed down and left the room in silence. The two of them kept swaying though, as comforting as it was.

Sirius had no clue who that man was but based on her reaction is was most definitely someone important to her.

He sighed softly resting his head on top of hers. He wondered who the man was and his importance to her.

He worried about her. More than he should, but it was hard not to.

After all, Emery's life was a mess filled with blank holes.

And he knew that he was falling for a women he barely knew.