Chapter XLI

Emery paced up and down the hallway of Grimmauld place

Emery paced up and down the hallway of Grimmauld place. It was a gut instinct that something had gone horribly wrong. Sirius had tried his best to treasure that nothing was wrong and that everything was alright but that didn't settle her the slightest. 

Emery claimed it was her 6th sense, which she had gained when becoming a mother. Whenever Harry was up to something or in trouble she became incredibly restless and unsettled which normally led to her reunite with Harry in hopes of stopping the feeling. 

"He's fine sweetheart" Sirius claimed, attempting to soothe the upset woman. If anything, it made her more restless and she continued to pace. 

"Sirius, something's up" she whimpered, glancing at him in hopes of him understanding. She continued to pace until Remus entered the room, breathing heavily as if he had run a marathon. 

"It's Harry" he muttered, racing down the stairs with the other two on his tail. They appeared in the main room where most of the order stood ready to go to his rescue. 

"What's happened?" Emery cried, clutching Sirius's hand for comfort while he squeezed back. 

"He's with the prophecy" Tonks stated. 

"H-how? He didn't even know about it!" Emery said in outrage.

"Stupid boy thought Sirius was in danger, ran straight into a trap" Moody growled. All of a sudden, a burst of magic swept through the room. The magic was suffocating yet addictive to practically everyone present. Moody turned to look at Emery, whose eyes were a rich gold. 

"Watch it" she growled, her magic flaring. 

"Alright, everyone needs to calm down," Tonks said, arms held up. "We're on a time limit and we mustn't argue now." They all paired up and apparated right to the scene. 

Chaos. 

That was the first thought that ran through her head. There were prophecies littered around the floor, broken and shattered. Emery searched desperately for her baby but came up empty-handed. She noticed a deatheater approaching a small blonde woman and rushed to her assistance. 

She sent a blast of pure magic straight at the deatheater rushing to make sure that the small child was safe.

"Are you alright love?" She questioned, checking the small girl for injuries.

"I'm alright" she claimed in a whimsical tone. 

"Stick by me alright," she said, watching as the girl nodded in confirmation. 

The duo continued to fight their way through until Emery caught sight of Harry and Sirius duelling two deatheaters. 

"Hello, cousin" Sirius chuckled, blasting a curse straight at Bellatrix. The two of them continued to spring curses at each other in hopes of ending one of them. Lucius appeared in front of Harry, wand at the ready.

"We may have lost to prophecy, but I can still deliver you to the dark lord" Lucius boomed. 

"Stupify!" He shrieked, watching as Harry deflected his curse with a simple Protego. Emery watched as Dumbledore appeared and battled his way through the field, blasting anyone from the opposition away from him. Emery made her way closer to Harry and tried to fend off other people while she could.

"Is that the best you got, cousin?" Sirius tormented. 

Time froze and Emery watched as a blast of green light came propelling towards Sirius. Without thinking twice she jumped in front of the man she loved. Everyone stopped and stared, not knowing what to do. 

The last thought that ran through her head was her confession of love to Sirius. He'd never be able to hear it out loud but now she was absolutely sure that her love for Sirius was true and infinite. And with that thought in her head, her eyes gently shut and she faded into the black. 

"MAMA!"