Chapter XXXVII

"Do I have to," Emery whined

"Do I have to," Emery whined. She love her descendants, she really did. But there were so many responsibilities that came with being the ancestor of them.

Emery and Merlin had both had kids over their years alive but never stayed long enough to see them grow. The process was hard enough and having to watch your child die was too painful.

Now, you're probably wondering, why take Harry? Harry was the tipping point on her scale of shits. When she had seen the poor babe laying on the doorstep she had finally had enough. She was not going to sacrifice her dreams over the fear of pain. Did she know it was going to hurt in the end? Hell yeah. But she was prepared to make that move because she was tired of living a life that wasn't hers.

So yes, she had given her blood children to people she knew would be able to care for them and yes she hated herself for having to do that, but she herself was a coward. Running from the idea of losing loved ones after all the loss she had suffered from.

So her children got married to others, gave birth to more of her blood and soon enough pretty much everyone alive had her or her brother's blood running through them like a swift ocean current.

"You must," Merlin sighed out. He turned back to the mirror and straightened out the suit he had on.

"But technically, I forgot. Can't you say I injured my leg?"

"And suffer alone? Sure!" Merlin said sarcastically, thrusting a box into Emery's hand.

"What is it?" She asked, but Merlin look at her as if gesturing to open it and find out.

She carefully opened the box and let out a gasp at the dress inside. The dress was a stunning grey, a couple of shades darker than Sirius's. The dress was made out of gorgeous material and puffed at the sleeves. There was a slit that ran from her upper thigh and the dress flared at the end.

"Oh my-" she whispered, smoothing the dress in front of her body. "It's gorgeous"

She continued to admire the dress for a while before pausing. She still didn't want to go but after seeing the dress she thought she might just.

"Go get your puppy to come as well," Merlin muttered.

"He's not a puppy Merls." Emery reprimanded before putting the dress down and skipping to ask Sirius.

Knocking lightly on the door she entered, seeing Sirius asleep without a shirt. She crept up on the man but before she could jump him, the man caught her by the waist and tugged her onto the bed. His hands immediately went to her waist and sprung to life.

She let out a laugh of joy before trying to move away from him but he only moved faster.

"S-stop" she laughed out. He grinned at her, letting out a laugh of his own.

"S-Sirius I'm-I'm gonna p-pee" she barked out and Sirius stopped his movements, choosing to smile gently at her.

"Hey, you" he whispered, brushing hair away from her face. Every time he looked at her he couldn't help but fall more in love with her. Everything she did made him want to kiss her but he was afraid to make such a move.