The Announcement

HYBE's announcement came as a shock to BTS. They didn't know anything about a new 8th member for the group. So, they confronted their management team.

"Why weren't we told about this?"

"They wanted it to be kept as a surprise."

"They?"

Hoseok was confused, but Jin immediately knew who they were referring to.

"Why would Bang PD do this to us?"

"Have we done something wrong?"

Jungkooked looked at the staff member with his big doe eyes and they immediately tried to reassure him.

"No, no, of course not. He just thought this would be a good opportunity to mix things up a little."

"We like things just the way they are!"

Namjoon put a hand on Taehyung's arm to calm him.

"Is it too late to stop this?"

"The decision has already been made."

"What? You've already decided who our new member is going to be without us?"

"Yeah, shouldn't we get a say?"

The staff didn't disagree with Yoongi and Jin, and not for the first time they wondered why Bang PD had put this all on them to explain.

"Bang PD quietly scouted and invited a range of talented individuals to audition, and then he picked one to be your new member, just like he picked all of you."

"Okay, so what do you know about them?"

"They are primarily a singer. They recently took part in an international competition in China to form a girl group. They also –"

"Hang on, did you say girl group?"

"Our new member is a girl?!"

"That's going to be a bit odd isn't it, seven guys and one girl in a group?"

Again, although they agreed with the boys, the staff had to be diplomatic.

"Bang PD didn't want to be limited by gender."

"I understand the need for equality, but I'm not sure how the fans are going to react to us having a girl around us all the time."

The staff tried to end the conversation. There was nothing more they could say and even less that they could do.

"I'm sorry guys, but it's out of our hands. She's already signed a contract. But this is only temporary."

"How long?"

"Two years."

"Two years!"

"It'll fly by. So, she's arriving tomorrow, so please welcome her. Okay?"

Once the management team left, the boys continued to discuss their 'new member' amongst themselves. Yoongi started their rant, he did not think any of this was a good idea.

"I bet she's a fangirl. All she'll be interested in is us. She won't take the work seriously."

Jimin nudged Taehyung with a mischievous expression.

"Maybe we should give her what she wants."

Hoseok shook his head.

"Nope, I don't plan on giving her the time of day."

Namjoon was frowning. Putting everything else aside, he was disappointed Bang PD had chosen another singer to join the group.

"I bet she doesn't beatbox. We could've done with a beatboxer."

Jungkook looked panicked.

"Where is she going to stay? All the rooms are taken."

Jin was the first to answer.

"Well, she not sharing with me."

Jungkook was quick to speak up again. He was already nervous about having a girl around them all the time, there was no way he could share a room with one.

"Or me!"

As always, Namjoon was the voice of reason.

"Guys, she won't be sharing a room with us. That would be really uncomfortable for all of us!"

The group calmed down at their leader's words until Taehyung spoke up.

"She could share with me?"

"No!"