The Confession

As they were leaving Wang Yibo asked if she had time to meet up the next day. He knew her schedule would be rather busy with the comeback, but he wasn't able to stay in Korea long. After seeing his UNIQ Hyungs in the afternoon, tomorrow he would be taking a late flight back to China.

"Would an early lunch be, okay? Brunch?"

"Perfect. I'll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight."

"Bye."

She waved goodbye to them both as Lay took Yibo to his hotel. Without the buffer of Lay and the boys of BTS, she wasn't sure what tomorrow's brunch would be like. Although at least there wouldn't be any confrontations.

As soon as she stepped through the door of their apartment her phone started ringing. She quickly ran to her room ago answer the video call.

"Hey hey! What's up? My girl debuted today!"

"Tao!"

"What? I watched your performance. You killed it!"

"Thank you."

"How do you feel?"

"Happy. Relieved. A little worried."

"Worried? What's got you worried? Talk to Tao."

As always, she couldn't help but smile at Zitao.

"I haven't looked to see what people's reactions are yet... and I'm not sure I want to."

"You can't please everyone."

"I know."

"I heard you had a surprise visitor."

"Did I?"

"That little...! You mean Yibo didn't turn up?"

She burst out laughing.

"Hey! You do it so little that sometimes I forget you can make jokes."

"It's not my fault everyone always takes me so seriously!"

"But you were such a quiet and obedient little thing when we first met. You just listened, kept your head down, and worked hard while the other girls messed around."

"That's probably why viewers didn't vote for me."

"Fools! They were idiots if they couldn't see how talented you were."

"Tao... you know, you can be really sweet sometimes."

"I'm serious. I'm glad someone saw your potential even if it meant you having to put up with those bulletproof arseholes."

"Don't call them that!"

"Yeah yeah. I know, you told me they apologised and they're making it up to you. I hope you're making them work for it!"

"Tao..."

"Fine fine. Back to Yibo. You two were reunited?"

"Yes."

"And you finally confessed your undeniable love for each other?"

"W-what? No!"

"Oh good. I'm still in with a chance then."

"I- l..."

"Don't look so panicked. I accept just being your friend, but if baby Wang knows he has some competition it might speed things up a little."

"I don't know where you and Lay have gotten your information from, but Yibo... Yibo doesn't like me like that."

"Come on! It's obvious. I know he can be the most reserved guy on the planet sometimes, but you can read Yibo-language better than us. Don't you see how he looks at you?"

"But-"

"Listen to me. I probably shouldn't tell you this, but guys talk too."

"Okay..."

"What do you think we did off-camera during that show? Compared notes on your singing and dancing?"

"So, you're saying..."

"I know Yibo likes you that way because he told me so himself. Took a bit of persuading to get it out of him at first, but now you two can stop being so stupid and..."

She stopped listening as Tao's words echoed in her ears.

Yibo likes me?