The Last

"I can't believe this is going to be our last time performing together!"

"What? No, it's not!"

Jungkook elbowed Taehyung.

"With Noona it is!"

"Oh. Yeah..."

She walked over to where the Maknae was sitting and went to ruffle his hair. Jungkook leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm never letting go. Now you have to stay with us forever."

"Jungkook..."

Yoongi looked warningly at the youngest. The rapper didn't want him to make their 8th member feel bad. He knew she was still deciding whether to take up Bang PD's offer to work on a solo album.

"Hyung..."

"Let her go -"

"It's okay. Just, let me sit down."

Taehyung shuffled over and she sat down between the two of them. Wrapping her arms around Jungkook, she stroked the Maknae's hair.

They were in Japan about to do their last concert on the tour. It had been agreed that they would finish the schedule already booked as a group of eight, but nothing more would be added.

She had a meeting with Bang PD before they left for Japan where the producer did, as Yoongi said, offered her a new contract as a solo artist. He had given her time to think about it, but she needed to decide soon. She still hadn't told Yibo about it.

"It's going to be weird going back to seven of us again."

"I'm sure you'll get used to it quickly. You'll forget about me in no time."

"Never, Noona! You'll always be a part of BTS. In here."

Hoseok put his hand over his heart. Jimin rolled his eyes.

"So sappy, Hyung."

After rehearsal, Yoongi held her back on stage.

"Is something wrong, Yoon?"

"No, I just wanted to show you something."

The rapper led her to the middle of the stage.

"What -?"

"I know that you're struggling. It's a big decision. I just wanted to give you a taste of what it would be like. This is your stage. Imagine what it would be like. Singing your own songs to your own fans. Fans cheering your name."

"I doubt I'd perform on a stage this big."

"Shh. Picture it. Do you feel alone?"

"No...? I guess it wouldn't feel lonely if I had fans there just for me."

"Exactly. You'll never be alone."

"If I have fans."

"Which you do."

"You mean BTS has fans."

Yoongi sighed in exasperation.

"Have you told Yibo yet?"

"About what? Fine... No, I haven't."

"You should."

"I know."

"Soon."

"I will."

"You know what he'll say."

"To go to China and be with him."

"No, he won't."

"No. He won't. He'll tell me to pursue my dream, even if it keeps me away from him."

"Oh, how awful it must be to have such an understanding and encouraging boyfriend."

"I know. I'm so unlucky, aren't I."

The two nudged each other playfully as they walked back to the green room.

"Are you ready? For one last concert?"

She smiled at the person who was once just an Idol she admired from afar, then her colleague and now had become her best friend.

"Always."