The Confrontation

The rest of the Tour passed by without any more scandals, but things were still tense. She kept in regular contact with Yibo, and her happiness didn't go unnoticed. After Namjoon snapped at the other members one too many times, she knew that she had to talk to him. Jin and Yoongi both offered to talk to the leader, but she told them that it should be her. It was because of her that Namjoon was acting this way.

They had one free day before heading back to Korea and she asked Namjoon if he wanted to have dinner with her. She ordered dinner to her room, knowing that this was a conversation that shouldn't be overheard. After they ate, she struggled to find the right way to broach the subject.

"Are you okay? You look nervous."

"I need to talk to you about something."

"Alright... what?"

"You need to stop."

"What -?"

"I'm happy with Yibo. I love him, and I'm sorry but that's not going to change."

"Why are you -?"

"I know. I know that you like me, more than you should, and -"

"More than I should?"

Namjoon's expression was dark.

"That's not - that came out wrong. I just mean..."

"Please, go on."

She took a deep breath to centre herself.

"You can't be angry at me for having a boyfriend, and you can't take it out on the others when they've done nothing wrong."

"Why would I be angry that you have a boyfriend? I don't care."

"Namjoon, you tried to convince me to break up with him, you glared at him and didn't speak to him the whole time he was here, and you shouted at Jungkook just for saying his name."

"Sounds to me like it's your boyfriend I have a problem with."

"Okay... then why are you still behaving this way? Yibo's not here. The group is on edge. What can I do to help smooth things over? What would make you happy?"

He took a good long minute to think it over, and for a moment she thought that things might work out.

"Break up with him."

"What?"

"End your relationship with Yibo and things can go back to normal."

"You can't be serious?"

"You asked me what would make me happy, and I told you. What's the problem?"

"What the hell? What's wrong with you?"

She got up and went to leave the room, but Namjoon followed and stopped her. He backed her up against the wall.

"What's wrong with me? You want to know the truth? You. You appeared out of nowhere, disrupted my life and bewitched me. I can't get you out of my head. You're talented and beautiful and smart... And then that Chinese kid turns up and steals your attention away from me."

"Joon..."

She looks up at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to say.

And then he kisses her.

After the initial shock passes, she manages to push him away. She stares at him like he's a stranger.

"I... I'm so sorry."

Namjoon flees out of the room, while she slides down the wall until she's sitting on the floor.

A few moments later, Yoongi and Jungkook enter her room.

"We just saw Namjoon - oh my god! What happened?"

"Noona!"

The two boys crouched down on either side of her.

"What did he do?"

She glanced at Yoongi. He knew what she had been planning on talking to Namjoon about today.

"He kissed me."

"Bastard!"

She and Yoongi quickly grabbed Jungkook, who looked furious, before he could leave to find Namjoon.

"Kookie... stay with me."

The Maknae's expression softened as looked down at her. He sat back down next to her and wrapped her in a tight hug as if trying to shield her from the world.